CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #51
David Schneider
Member David Schneider is offline
 
David Schneider's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lansing  MI
Posts: 1,799
Re: The Mutation from Man to Machine...

9/11/8

1 Hour of Ring Training...

Today my lower half was sore as ****!!! The last few days have caught up with me. So I worked the rings for an hour and really concentrated on L-Sits, Iron Cross progressions, Bulgarian Dips, Upside down pull-ups and hangs, Jumping Muscle-Ups, etc...

It's always nice to show my babies the attention they deserve. God, I love rings...
__________________
The Mutation from Man to Machine...
Aut Vincere Aut Mori
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #52
David Schneider
Member David Schneider is offline
 
David Schneider's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lansing  MI
Posts: 1,799
Re: The Mutation from Man to Machine...

9/12/8

Back Squat 7x1
1 - 130#
1 - 180#
1 - 200#
1 - 230# (form weakened)
1 - 210# (solid)
1 - 220# (solid)
1 - 230# (Much better)

Weak ****, I know... But this time my form was much better with 230#, so we're slowly making progress.

Then... I hit my first Muscle Up!!!

This is only the second day that I have really practiced them. Yesterday I did jumping muscle ups for the first time and today I hit them raw! After my first one, I worked Muscle Ups on and off for about 1/2 an hour or so... I probably did about 10-15 throughout my whole workout today, so I was pretty pleased.

Then,

WOD:
3 Rounds -
5 - 60# DB Power Snatch (5 right arm, 5 left arm)
10 - Clapping Push-Ups
20 - Double Unders

Time - 6:19

Disappointed with the time. My DU's weren't as clean as they have been and I rested once or twice when I really shouldn't have. Most certainly should have been Sub 6, about 5:30 is what I think. Next time...

Might take the weekend off, not sure yet. I think I'm really starting to get the feeling of the "Zone"... I'm feeling pretty well and I think I'm recovering a bit faster. I will give it more time and see what happens.

I have to lay concrete for my Mother this weekend so that will be fun and a decent little workout by itself. Hopefully I can sneak some 80# Cement Bag runs or some cleans in there somewhere...
__________________
The Mutation from Man to Machine...
Aut Vincere Aut Mori
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #53
Brian Solar
Member Brian Solar is offline
 
Brian Solar's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Orlando  FL
Posts: 431
Re: The Mutation from Man to Machine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Schneider View Post
9/12/8

Back Squat 7x1
1 - 130#
1 - 180#
1 - 200#
1 - 230# (form weakened)
1 - 210# (solid)
1 - 220# (solid)
1 - 230# (Much better)

Weak ****, I know... But this time my form was much better with 230#, so we're slowly making progress.

Then... I hit my first Muscle Up!!!

This is only the second day that I have really practiced them. Yesterday I did jumping muscle ups for the first time and today I hit them raw! After my first one, I worked Muscle Ups on and off for about 1/2 an hour or so... I probably did about 10-15 throughout my whole workout today, so I was pretty pleased.

Then,

WOD:
3 Rounds -
5 - 60# DB Power Snatch (5 right arm, 5 left arm)
10 - Clapping Push-Ups
20 - Double Unders

Time - 6:19

Disappointed with the time. My DU's weren't as clean as they have been and I rested once or twice when I really shouldn't have. Most certainly should have been Sub 6, about 5:30 is what I think. Next time...

Might take the weekend off, not sure yet. I think I'm really starting to get the feeling of the "Zone"... I'm feeling pretty well and I think I'm recovering a bit faster. I will give it more time and see what happens.

I have to lay concrete for my Mother this weekend so that will be fun and a decent little workout by itself. Hopefully I can sneak some 80# Cement Bag runs or some cleans in there somewhere...
How do you DL 450 but squat 230?!? Congrats on the muscle-up though
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #54
Dave Coughlin
Member Dave Coughlin is offline
 
Dave Coughlin's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Orlando  FL
Posts: 1,722
Re: The Mutation from Man to Machine...

Congrats on the First Muscle-up, David. Looks like that hour of ring training paid off for you. I am still "this close" from getting mine, but I know it's close.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:56 AM   #55
David Schneider
Member David Schneider is offline
 
David Schneider's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lansing  MI
Posts: 1,799
Re: The Mutation from Man to Machine...

Keep on training buddy! It's only so far away...

-David
__________________
The Mutation from Man to Machine...
Aut Vincere Aut Mori
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:19 AM   #56
Brian Solar
Member Brian Solar is offline
 
Brian Solar's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Orlando  FL
Posts: 431
Re: The Mutation from Man to Machine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coughlin View Post
Congrats on the First Muscle-up, David. Looks like that hour of ring training paid off for you. I am still "this close" from getting mine, but I know it's close.
I got my first one maybe 3 weeks ago, but now that I'm gaining weight with SS, I can't do one anymore.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:21 AM   #57
Sean Dunston
Affiliate Sean Dunston is offline
 
Sean Dunston's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alexandria  VA
Posts: 5,759
Re: The Mutation from Man to Machine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Solar View Post
How do you DL 450 but squat 230?!? Congrats on the muscle-up though
Go easy on him, Brian.
I gave him grief about that yesterday!

Congrats on the MU David!
Next stop -- multiples!

__________________
Mount Vernon CrossFit, Owner
USA Powerlifting, Virginia State Rep
My gym- Mount Vernon CrossFit
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #58
Richard Vanmeerbeek
Member Richard Vanmeerbeek is offline
 
Richard Vanmeerbeek's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brussels  Belgium
Posts: 5,590
Re: The Mutation from Man to Machine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Schneider View Post

WOD:
3 Rounds -
5 - 60# DB Power Snatch (5 right arm, 5 left arm)
10 - Clapping Push-Ups
20 - Double Unders
I like this one a lot, I'll be doing it very soon. Awesome David
__________________
25/6'2"/192lbs My Log
Complain less. Go harder. http://www.crossfitpowerfactory.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #59
Jay Ashman
Member Jay Ashman is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Babylon  NY
Posts: 1,736
Re: The Mutation from Man to Machine...

First Muscle up!

dude, you the MANNNNNNNNNN!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #60
David Schneider
Member David Schneider is offline
 
David Schneider's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lansing  MI
Posts: 1,799
Re: The Mutation from Man to Machine...

Thanks boys... I appreciate it.

Took the weekend off and eating some Chinese food today... Gotta love the days when you really just don't give a ****...


-David
__________________
The Mutation from Man to Machine...
Aut Vincere Aut Mori
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oh man... George Mounce Stuff and Nonsense 8 04-09-2008 08:00 PM
45 degree back extension machine vs. ghd back extension machine George Shaheen Exercises 3 03-18-2008 04:59 PM
Concept 2 Rowing Machine vs. Johnson W7000 Rowing Machine Kirsten Dawn Arnold Equipment 9 03-16-2006 06:25 PM
Oh man Kevin Roddy Community 9 12-08-2005 11:42 AM
Genetic mutation in kid: myostatin blocker Mike Minium Community 4 07-15-2004 04:19 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.