CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #491
Chantal Brien

Profile:
Re: Chantal's Workout Log

15 min on elliptical *this was the first day I've been allowed on the elliptical so I didn't put any resistance on. I was still able to break a sweat though so it's all good (aside from the fact that I'm in such poor shape that I can now get a workout on the elliptical) - 178.0 calories

3 sets of (10 bodyweight calf raises/30 sec balancing right leg/30 sec balancing left leg) *balancing done on floor with eyes closed

Hamstring stretching/leg straightening 30 sec x 3

3 sets of 10 Wall squats (1/4 squat with blue band around knees) 10lb dumbbells * held for 10 sec at bottom

3 sets of 10 standing bodyweight hamstring curls

3 sets of 10 standing side leg lifts *held for 5 sec (both legs, today I graduated to standing as opposed to the floor version and while they were challenging, they weren't as brutal as the first time I tried them where the physio tried not to laugh and suggested that we should stick to the floor for another 2 weeks)
Old 08-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #492
Chantal Brien

Profile:

Tuesday 03 AUG 10

20 min on elliptical *gradually moved up to resistance 3 throughout the 20 min, incline @ 6 - 207.0 calories

3 sets of (10 bodyweight calf raises/30 sec balancing right leg/30 sec balancing left leg) *balancing done on floor with eyes closed

Hamstring stretching/leg straightening 30 sec x 3 I was able to touch my toes with both hands for the first time in a while , now I just need to get back to being able to touch my forhead to my shin like I could before I hurt myself.

3 sets of 10 Wall squats (1/4 squat with blue band around knees) 10lb dumbbells * held for 10 sec at bottom

3 sets of (10 standing bodyweight hamstring curls/10 standing side leg lifts right/10 standing side leg lifts left)

Wednesday 04 AUG 10

20 min on stationary bike *my knee sore after the past 2 days of pushing things a little harder so I opted for the bike, tried resistance 6 and had to move it down to 4 to avoid pain. Once I lowered the resistance though I had a really good ride - 227.0 calories

3 sets of (10 bodyweight calf raises/30 sec balancing right leg/30 sec balancing left leg) *balancing done on bosu ball, was able to hold for a full 30 sec without losing my balance for the first time

Hamstring stretching/leg straightening 30 sec x 3

3 sets of (10 standing bodyweight hamstring curls/10 standing side leg lifts right/10 standing side leg lifts left) These things are finally starting to get easier!

Much as I hate being relegated to the cardio machines, I'm starting to understand why people like them. For one, they tell me I'm burning an insanely high number of calories for the effort I'm putting in (I seriously question how accurate they are, but it sounds good). Secondly, there are all kinds of blinking lights telling me I'm "in the weight loss zone" and other ones that light up the harder I work. Lastly, there are numbers everywhere giving me second by second feedback, which, since I always want to do better than last time is very motivating... Too bad they aren't as fun or effective as Crossfit...
Old 08-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #493
Chantal Brien

Profile:

Thursday 05 AUG 10

15 min on elliptical *resistance 3 throughout - 167.0 calories

1 set of 30 bodyweight calf raises *These are getting really easy now so I didn't bother taking a break between the 3 sets I'm supposed to do

30 sec balancing right leg/30 sec balancing left leg on bosu ball

Hamstring stretching/leg straightening

1 set of 30 Wall squats (1/4 squat with blue band around knees) 10lb dumbbells * held for 10 sec at bottom, like the calf raises these are getting easy. I'd up the weight but I'm not supposed to until I see the physio again on Monday

3 sets of (10 standing bodyweight hamstring curls/10 standing side leg lifts right/10 standing side leg lifts left)
Old 08-07-2010, 04:57 AM   #494
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Oh dear. Just read about your ACL and meniscus.

Well, welcome back!
Old 08-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #495
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Oh damn. Sorry to hear that....
Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

And btw swimming kicks butt. Good stuff. If you get bored or anything, you can try Swimplan.com (WFS) you can get new workouts anytime you want.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #496
Chantal Brien

Profile:

Friday 06 AUG 10

20 min on stationary bike *tried eliptical first but my knee was really sore and the eliptical was only making it worse, tried the bike and had to move to low resistance, but it felt better as I kept moving - 210 calories

*Knee soreness was likely due to walking the 5km home from work Thursday night

1 set of 30 bodyweight calf raises

3 sets of 30 sec balancing right leg/30 sec balancing left leg on bosu ball

1 set of 30 Wall squats (1/4 squat with blue band around knees) 10lb dumbbells * held for 10 sec at bottom

2 sets of (10 standing bodyweight hamstring curls/10 standing side leg lifts right/10 standing side leg lifts left)

Saturday 07 AUG 10

15 min on stationary bike *resistance 4 throughout - 168.4 calories

1 set of 30 bodyweight calf raises

1 set of 30 Wall squats (1/4 squat with blue band around knees) 10lb dumbbells * held for 10 sec at bottom

Sunday 08 AUG 10

Rest day, spent with one of my friends who just had a baby... I missed getting there for the actual birth, but still very cool

Monday 09 AUG 10

10 min on stationary bike *resistance 6 throughout - This was the bike at the physio clinic and I think the resistance is different from the ones at the gym because this felt really easy

I went to go see the physio today and she said I had advanced enough that I can change up my exercises. Below is my new routine which I did with her.

3 sets of 30 sec balancing right leg/30 sec balancing left leg on wobble board

3 set of 10 Wall squats (I'm allowed to squat down to 90 degrees now) bodyweight only to adjust to new range of motion* held for 10 sec at bottom

3 sets of (10 standing side leg lifts right/10 standing side leg lifts left) done with green physio band for added resistance

3 sets of hamstring curls on physio ball

Tuesday 10 AUG 10

20 min on eliptical *resistance 3 throughout - 221.0 calories

3 sets of 30 sec balancing right leg/30 sec balancing left leg on bosu ball * I was able to get through all three sets on both legs without having to touch the wall

3 set of 10 Wall squats (90 degrees) first set with 5lb dumbbells, second and third sets with 10lb dumbbells* held for 10 sec at bottom

2 sets of (10 standing side leg lifts right/10 standing front leg lifts/10 standing rear leg lifts/10 standing side leg lifts left) done with green physio band for added resistance

I went for a follow up with my surgeon today and he said I'm doing exceptionally well considering surgery was only 6 weeks ago , he also said I had to wait until 4 months post surgery to get back in to CrossFit and 6 months post surgery to do the Battle Fitness Test
Old 08-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #497
Chantal Brien

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
Oh dear. Just read about your ACL and meniscus.

Well, welcome back!
Thanks for the welcome! It's good to be back to doing something regardless of how minimal it is and I can't really complain too much because there are definately people who come back from deployments in far worse condition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Lore View Post
Oh damn. Sorry to hear that....
Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

And btw swimming kicks butt. Good stuff. If you get bored or anything, you can try Swimplan.com (WFS) you can get new workouts anytime you want.
Thanks for the wishes for a quick recovery. I've been trying to get back to the pool but the hours just aren't working with my work schedule - I should be able to get there on weekends though which is nice. The swimplan link looks really cool, thanks!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:37 AM   #498
Chantal Brien

Profile:

Wednesday 11 AUG 10

20 min on elliptical *resistance 4 throughout - 231.0 calories

3 set of 10 Wall squats (90 degrees) 15lb dumbbells* held for 10 sec at bottom

2 sets of (10 standing side leg lifts right/10 standing front leg lifts/10 standing rear leg lifts/10 standing side leg lifts left) done with green physio band for added resistance

Old 08-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #499
Chantal Brien

Profile:

Thursday 12 AUG 10

Warm up on stationary bike at physio clinic. Last time I used resistance 6 and it was easy but today I couldn't even move until I turned the resistance 3. Since everything else is more or less the same or better since the last time I used that bike, I think it's the bike that's off and not me...

Balancing done single leg on one sphere wobble board for the first time. The longest I was able to stay up without any part of the board coming into contact with the ground was 10 sec, but my physio was super impressed so I'm happy. This is definately a lot harder than balancing on the bosu ball at the gym!

3 set of 10 Wall squats (90 degrees) 8lb dumbbells* held for 10 sec at bottom (the heaviest I could find)

Old 08-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #500
Chantal Brien

Profile:

Friday 13 AUG 10

20 min on elliptical - resistance 5, incline 6 * 246 calories This felt really good today which is encouraging as I walked 5km home from work yesterday

3 set of 30 sec single leg balancing on bosu ball (both sides)

2 sets of 10 Wall squats (90 degrees) 15lb dumbbells* held for 10 sec at bottom. I stopped at 2 sets today because something felt wrong and my knee started hurting. I tried adjusting position and really focusing on technique but nothing helped so I moved on. Now that I'm home I'm thinking that some of the supporting muscles may just have been too tired from everything else to keep everything where it's supposed to be... if not that then I don't know...

3 sets of hamstring curls on physio ball - I can still feel exactly where the incision from my surgery was along my hamstring every time I do these, but they are getting easier.