CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-13-2008, 11:32 PM   #11
Alix Clark

Profile:
Re: Chantal's Workout Log

Hi Chantal

my HRM is a Polar F6 (green!) - got it from Amazon for about $80 I think. I use the HR function, stopwatch and calories burned. Fun to know that stuff I think. I'm jealous of your trip to Italy - nice! We did a similar workout this morning (thruster, burpees adn pull ups) - tougher than I thought!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #12
Chantal Brien

Profile:
1RM Hang Power Clean x 7

I was once again successful in convincing the PSP staff that I wouldn't kill myself if they let me play with the bumper plates ; unfortunately, I was not as successful in reaching my goal for the hang power cleans. Having never attempted it before I thought 100lbs would be a reasonable goal, but I couldn't quite get/stick it. I tried 3 times and was so close I could taste it each time but eventually had to concede defeat. It's frusterating because I'm pretty sure I could have gotten it if I had been more agressive with the weights, but I guess it leaves me a good goal for next time. I started out with a couple 45s to warm up and then did:
65/65/75/85/95f/95(this one felt really good)/100f/100f/100f.

I had to deadlift the bar each time to get to the starting position (another lift I've never tried) and decided to continue working on deadlift to find my 1 rep max once I was finished with the hang power cleans. Deadlifts breakdown was as follows:
65/65/75/85/95/95/100/100/100/115/125/135/150f/150/160/170/185

Again, I'm pretty sure I could have gotten more but I have an important language exam tomorrow (if I don't get at least a B level of proficiency than I don't get my degree) and I wanted to leave time to study. Overall, I'm happy with my effort and I have a far better idea of what kind of goals I should set next time these lifts come up. Now off to study French...
Old 04-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #13
Chantal Brien

Profile:
Ouch, Nancy!

I scaled this girl down to a 45# barbell with 400m runs and it still took me 25:10 to finish! I had to break up all the OHS sets, they were definitely my weakness in this workout. I normally hate short, fast runs and I loved every single one of them today because so long as I was running, I wasn't squatting. This workout did make me really glad I've been doing the CFWU; had I not been working on OHS almost daily there's no way I would have been able to do this without dropping the weight. Much as everything above sounds a little whiney now that I reread it, I did enjoy this workout (albeit in a masochistic kind of way) and I'm looking forward to doing it again. I'm sure that if I keep working the OHS that I can get a better time.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #14
Chantal Brien

Profile:
First time doing Elizabeth

I used a 65lb barbell and did dips on a plyo box (both because there aren't any dip bars in the field house where the bumper plates are kept and because I had a brain fart during the warmup and decided to work on dips). I finished in 8:44. There was some debate on these boards and on the brandX site as to whether the cleans were supposed to be power cleans or not. I had originally decided to try doing regular cleans but my technique isn't quite there yet so I ended up doing mostly power cleans. I spent some time after I was vertical again working on cleans but I think I was too tired and I didn't progress very much... I'll keep working on them and maybe next time this workout comes up I'll be able to do it with regular cleans.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #15
Chantal Brien

Profile:
Michael

I did Michael at the track today so I subbed stability ball back extensions and situps for the GHD ones. I finished in 18 min. My time on the first round was 6:36 so I could definately could have cut the time down if I had pushed harder the first round... I'm really ready for the rest day tomorrow (read stiff, sore and tired); though by rest I mean finishing the rest of my undergrad. It's hard to believe that once I finish 60ish pages of writing and one more exam I'm done.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #16
Chantal Brien

Profile:
Shoulder press 3-3-3-3-3 reps

After the CrossFit warmup (during which I was unable to get any unasisted pull-ups ) I did a couple sets of shoulder press at 25, 35 & 45lbs to work on technique. Then I did 55/55/55/60/65f/60f/60(ish). On the two failed attempts I got the first one up but failed on the second rep & on the last rep of the last 60 my knees bent so it wasn't actually a shoulder press. Overall, I'm really happy with today as 60 is a PR for 3RM and 65 is a PR for 1RM .

In even more exciting news... I ordered a set of rings and Starting Strength after making sure I had enough left in my account to get groceries too . My housemates were somewhat puzzled as to why I was so excited (though explaining I meant sports equipment and not jewlery helped - at least that way they thought it was typical of me). I can't wait for until they get here .
Old 04-20-2008, 09:46 AM   #17
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:
Re: Shoulder press 3-3-3-3-3 reps

Rings and SS, you will never regret that ! Can't wait for you to have them

Congrats on the PRs
Old 04-21-2008, 05:04 AM   #18
Erin Davidson

Profile:
Re: Chantal's Workout Log

I warn you...you are going to ADORE your rings.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:06 PM   #19
Chantal Brien

Profile:
Back Squat 5-5-5-5-5

It's the middle of exam routine for me and my thesis was due and I've got 4 days left to finish all my papers which meant that I got to bed last night at 0015 and woke up this morning at 0200. I know proper rest is important for recovery so I normally don't go to the gym if I'm getting 3 hours or less or sleep (especially if it's on consecutive nights) but I was going CRAZY after sitting writing an exam and then sitting in front on the computer/reading all day so I decided to go to today's WOD and see how I felt. I actually felt pretty good on the back squat. I warmed up with CFWU and then BS with 45 and 65 lbs. For the workout I did:
95/115/115/115/135.
I definately feel like I have the strength to go higher but I don't think I should until I get my technique dialed in a little (or a lot) more, especially when I'm working without a spotter. This is immensely frusterating for me because I'm a big fan of going all out and I'm never quite sure if I could have pushed a little higher in a workout like this. I generally tend to err on the side of pushing too hard too fast but I can't afford to get hurt right now...so I stopped at 135. I still had a lot of energy left to burn before heading back to my desk so I did some rope climbs , I could barely do one when I started CrossFit and now they're one of my favorite exercises. Now I just need to find a way to do them where I don't keep burning a hole through my shoe...Although I'm a bit frusterated by my current limitations on the squat, I've left myself plenty of room for improvement in the back squat (and didn't hurt myself), I've been greasing the groove with pushups to stay awake instead of my usual eating sugar-loaded junk and I'm seeing improvement there and (drumroll please...) MY THESIS IS NOW DONE!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #20
Chantal Brien

Profile:
Wieghted Pullups 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

At the moment BW is my max pullup so I did 4 of those (was a couple cm short of full ROM on the third one) then tried 2 more and couldn't get all the way up. I switched to a different bar where I could reach the wall in front of me and did 3 more using a toehold on the wall to get through the sticky spots. I'm really excited by how well the pullups are coming along but I'm still a long way from being able to do a workout like this with weight.