CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 11-17-2007, 02:18 AM   #11
Andy Shirley

Profile:
Re: Exertional Migraine - Verapamil

Dave,
Indocin can be very tough on the stomach(even more so than most other NSAIDS). Just so you know.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:51 AM   #12
Dave Re

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Shirley View Post
Dave,
Indocin can be very tough on the stomach(even more so than most other NSAIDS). Just so you know.
The doc stressed that in a pretty emphatic way. I've altered my eating schedule to make sure I'm eating more than a 1 block snack 2 hours out from my workout to accompany the Indocin. That's also why I'm going at it from the "take them only before working out" method... Last thing I want is to have bleeding ulcers on top of exertional migraines!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #13
Dave Re

Profile:

Just thought I'd close the loop on this one - went back to the doc in mid-December for a checkup. The Indocin did a decent job. He recommended staying on it as needed for a while, and set up an appt. to come back in March.

A week or so after, I forgot to take the Indocin before a workout and.... no migraine!!!

I haven't taken Indocin since, and haven't had another migraine, either. So, looks like I'm past them, at this point. They lasted right about the 2 months that were suggested at the beginning of the thread. Needless to say, I'm happy to be done with that little chapter of my life for the moment!