CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 08-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #11
John C Corona

Profile:
Re: Snatch & Clean and Jerk PR's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Jensen View Post
I'm assuming (although I could be wrong) that too long on the toes is referencing the fact that I went on them too early.
aahh...and I was thinking the opposite, that (he meant) you stayed on the toes too long, but now that Im typing this, you're probably right...which is consistent with things going forward. Kewl, cant wait to give it another go tommorrow I bet.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:
Re: Snatch & Clean and Jerk PR's

I found this discussion in the Pendlay forum in a "Catapult vs Triple Extension" thread.

COACHMCCAULEY
Senior Member Join Date: Sep 2010

Speed under the bar

Lifters, tall, short, with limbs of all lengths can only be fast under the bar if they're not still trying to jump and shrug up after explosive extension of the hips has taken place. If you're still trying to go up, thinking that will deliver even more force to the bar, then you will be delayed, and therefore slower, in getting under it.

You have to learn how to deliver the "blow" and leave the scene as quickly as possible. that cannot be done if you are still pushing up through the balls of your feet.

This is why the new Polish coach at the OTC, upon looking around at the athletes said:"Jumping. What is all this jumping?" (paraphrased but accurate)

CoachMc

I believe this is what he was talking about when he says "too long on the toes" , I could be wrong but just in case Coach McCauley doesn't drop in to respond in this thread.