CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:50 PM   #41
Jay Cohen

Profile:
Re: Classic Rip (collection of quotes, many hilarious, many NOT w/f/s)

I'll be seeing Coach Rip this weekend and will not bring up this lame *** thread, though I smile each day I read his replies on Strength Mill.

Shame that Coach or a CF MOD (understand about time constraint, but then again, Rip does it) wouldn't step up to the plate and respond to some of the dumb *** questions that appear more and more on these boards. We need to add a new thread section titled: Kindergarten / Clueless and the MODS move any posts there that are deem as dumb *** ****.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #42
Tim Luby

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cohen View Post
I'll be seeing Coach Rip this weekend and will not bring up this lame *** thread, though I smile each day I read his replies on Strength Mill.

Shame that Coach or a CF MOD (understand about time constraint, but then again, Rip does it) wouldn't step up to the plate and respond to some of the dumb *** questions that appear more and more on these boards. We need to add a new thread section titled: Kindergarten / Clueless and the MODS move any posts there that are deem as dumb *** ****.
I agree on the part about new thread sections. Maybe there should be one entitled Pompous/Jerk-off
Old 04-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #43
David Wood

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Moore View Post
Newb: Got any good ab exercises?
Rip: Got any better questions?

Old 04-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #44
Todd Rehm

Profile:

"Cindy [WOD] is a vicious wretched *****."

"It would depend on your recovery ability, i.e. how old you are, how much you eat, how well you sleep, and how big your balls are. Some guys can recover from lots more work than other guys, so this just depends on you."

"The only time LSD (long slow distance) is necessary is if your going to compete in a sport that requires it. It is far inferior to CrossFit-type metcon for producing an increase in VO2 max, it interferes with power and strength production, it can be quite catabolic and immune-suppressive in high doses, it destroys muscle mass, and the people that do it usually wear silly clothes. Read the stuff on the CrossFit website regarding this, and you will learn many good, important things."

"It's sneaky. I'm proud of you. But you ****ed up when you asked him for instruction. Never ask a question that you may not be prepared to have answered."

"If you want to look like some Abercrombie model, then find another program and enjoy your nice, easy training style. If you are serious about adding muscle to your frame, then get under the damn bar and make it happen."

"Go home and tell Mom that you're a man now."

"The deadlift is more functional in that it’s very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy **** up off the ground."

“…we have not spent the last 65 million or so years finely honing our physiology to watch Oprah. Like it or not, we are the product of a very long process of adaptation to a harsh physical existence, and the past couple centuries of comparative ease and plenty are not enough time to change our genome. We humans are at our best when our existence mirrors, or at least simulates, the one we are still genetically adapted to live. And that is the purpose of exercise.”

"Accumulating injuries are the price we pay for the thrill of not having sat around on our asses." ~Mark Rippetoe (Strong Enough?)

“Starr was damned strong, primarily because he worked as hard as any human being ever has. He was not a genetic freak, but his balls were huge, and he applied himself to his training like few people have ever done." - Mark Rippetoe

“There are no shortcuts. The fact that a shortcut is important to you means that you are a *****. Let me be clear here: if you'd rather take steroids than do your squats heavy and drink enough milk, then you are a ****ing *****. I have no time or patience for ****ing Pussies. Please tell everyone you know that I said this. ”

"The Olympic Snatch is gymnastics with a bar".
Old 04-16-2008, 08:55 AM   #45
Todd Rehm

Profile:

addressing a problem someone was having with squats:

"Yes, 350 was pretty good. Now, why do you think you missed 360, besides the fact that it was so ****ing heavy?"
Old 04-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #46
Jake Di Vita

Profile:

Link: A lot of people also buy U2 records, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start wearing purple sunglasses. I applaud your nads. Now, run along and have fun doing heavy things at 6am.

I don't like Bono. He needs to train more.

A common problem in analysis is the confusion of correlation with causation. Baker illustrates this nicely for us. Lots of people, all of whom are crazy as hell, train early in the morning without problems. Coffee becomes more important than testosterone in this situation.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #47
Anna Romagnoli

Profile:

"I recommend against a wooden squat rack, for much the same reason that I recommend against a wooden car."
Old 04-20-2008, 08:15 AM   #48
Darren Zega

Profile:  

"As for the definitions of butt wink and butt-wink Nazi, the first is obscene and scatological, and the second is not discussable due to European Union restrictions"

I think we need to start the Chuck Norris jokes with Rip.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #49
Gregory L. Johnson

Profile:

I'm sorry, but I saw this tonight and had to post it here:

************ Board question regarding the deadlift:
Quote:
should you squeeze your asscheeks, as if you were pinching a coin between them, to finish the movement to lockout?
Coach Rippetoe:
Quote:
No, we never consciously squeeze our asscheeks in the weight room. It's not a valuable biomechanical cue, and it might get misinterpreted by the guys on the next platform.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #50
Daniel Mick

Profile:

Some of my faves:

"Go home and tell Mom that you're a man now."

"The deadlift is more functional in that it’s very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy sh*t up off the ground."

"The only legitimate use for a glove is to cover an injury... A desire to prevent callus formation (possibly so as to not snag one's pantyhose) does not constitute a legitimate use. And if you do insist on wearing gloves, make sure they match your purse."

In response to a comment about trying to drink 2 gallons of milk a day: "But you would be sh*tting primarily cheese. Are you ready for this?"

Keep 'em coming!