CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #21
Caine Peters

Profile:
Re: Carb Back Loading Meal Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Jensen View Post
No.

I've been eating the way that I've laid out for the past five weeks or so. Honestly haven't noticed anything particularly special in one direction or the other. Don't know if thats because I'm "doing it wrong."

Whether I am or not though, I'm going to keep rolling like this for the time being. I like eating my carbs at night.
Its wrong, CBL is not paleo at all, you eat ANY high gi food yes that includes the oh so scary rice, stay clear of clean, goal is to spike insulin at all means! What your doing here is Renegade diet by ferrugia, by the way if your CBL your suppose to skip the breakfast and no fiberous foods in the evening, for that to work you also suppose to do 10 days no carb or under 30, i even ditched the veggies and took a multi, stupid or not it seem to of worked

Thats probs why you havnt realised much, id do a bit more study on it my friend, and if your doing clean lots of white potato, sweet tato brown bananas etc

Last edited by Caine Peters : 10-09-2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Forgot stuff
Old 10-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #22
Joseph Smyth

Profile:

Has anyone mentioned that in the CBL book, Kiefer specifically talks about how CBL is NOT designed to be used with CrossFit type workouts? He seems to be saying that the mechanism that makes CBL work (and not just make you get fat) doesn't occur biologically the same way when your workout is more endurance based than pure strength. Of course that line is pretty blurry, but I have heard him try to define it a little better in interviews, etc.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #23
Caine Peters

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Smyth View Post
Has anyone mentioned that in the CBL book, Kiefer specifically talks about how CBL is NOT designed to be used with CrossFit type workouts? He seems to be saying that the mechanism that makes CBL work (and not just make you get fat) doesn't occur biologically the same way when your workout is more endurance based than pure strength. Of course that line is pretty blurry, but I have heard him try to define it a little better in interviews, etc.
Look up glut4 translocation heavy weights is key at
This and thus why you need to backload