CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:40 AM   #1
Jason Robillard

Profile:
Win a copy of my ebook "The Barefoot Running Guide"

Since so many local (and not local) Crossfitters have contacted me about doing WODS or running barefoot or in minimalist shoes, I thought I'd toss this out to the entire community. I'm giving away two copies of my ebook "The Barefoot Running Guide" this Saturday. To enter the contest, all you have to do is become a fan of my Barefoot Running University page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...y/205387591057

or become a follower on my barefoot blog:

http://barefootjason.blogspot.com/20...ons-ebook.html

You can find details of the ebook here:

http://barefootrunninguniversity.com...ningguide.html

On an unrelated note- how common is barefoot WODS in your local CF gym? My local gym (Crossfit Grand Rapids: http://crossfitgr.com/) has shown lots of interest. Is this fairly universal? I know POSE has been slowly shifting from recommending minimalist shoes to more barefoot, but I'm curious if that trend pertains to CF, too.

Thanks!

-Jason
Old 02-10-2010, 07:35 AM   #2
Tony Black

Profile:
Re: Win a copy of my ebook "The Barefoot Running Guide"

Fanned up

Review the Niesa Feelmax's dude i suspect theyll beat those Vivo's.....there sole makes the VFF's feel like clogs. Oh yeah and they also allow the toes "free splay".

Mine have worn in the soles in a shape that looks exactly like a barefoot!

Last edited by Tony Black : 02-10-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
Patrick Otis

Profile:

+1 follower.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Jason Robillard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Black View Post
Fanned up

Review the Niesa Feelmax's dude i suspect theyll beat those Vivo's.....there sole makes the VFF's feel like clogs. Oh yeah and they also allow the toes "free splay".

Mine have worn in the soles in a shape that looks exactly like a barefoot!
I really have to pick up a pair of Niesa's. I hear the Osma's (which were designed for running) have a hard rubber sole which will completely destroy the appeal of the rest of the Feelmax line. How many miles have you put on the Niesas? I would use them primarily for trail running, so that typically helps with durability. I'd also like to use them instead of VFFs for the gym. My local YMCA isn't keen on being barefoot...
Old 02-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #5
Tony Black

Profile:

Well i DID wear them in house and around town....so i think (ill have to check purchase date) were talking about 4-5 months fairly constant usage. And ive just noticed the soles getting worn.... Now to save them im gonna wear cheaper flatsoles around town...

Ive done plenty of KB workouts in the street, in them but ironically no running

For comparison my first pair of VFF classic's have worn through in a couple of places. The Feelmaxs come out probably behind for durability. But for overall feel - feelmaxs all the way.... you really feel more of the ground. If they can make them a touch more durable id be in hog heaven....although i might still get another set.

I also found my classics ate up my achillies. Had to cut them down at the back!