CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-16-2009, 04:05 AM   #1
David J Collins

Profile:
How to get CF equipment from US to Germany

I am now stationed in Germany and the base gym is seriously lacking when it comes to a goof place to CF and lack of equipment. I have searched all around to try and find equipment on the local economy here, but nothing I find seems to fit the need. I know it’s going to cost a fortune to get things (ie: bumper plates/KBs/bars...pretty much a decent set for a home gym) shipped here. I have talked with Rage Fitness and they mention something called Cross Dock. Has anyone heard of that? There are about 4 of us here that I work with that want to buy some equipment so we can get in W/Os, but we aren't really willing to pay double the price when you start to include shipping things from the States. I am open to any and all suggestions on how and where to procure decent equipment without breaking my bank account.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
Matt Payne

Profile:
Re: How to get CF equipment from US to Germany

Hey David,

I would try Rogue Fitness. I am certain they ship over there but am not sure about the shipping prices. Great selection of equipment and they do work at supplying the military. Many here on the board buy equipment from them including myself.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
Shawn Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David J Collins View Post
I am now stationed in Germany and the base gym is seriously lacking when it comes to a goof place to CF and lack of equipment. I have searched all around to try and find equipment on the local economy here, but nothing I find seems to fit the need. I know it’s going to cost a fortune to get things (ie: bumper plates/KBs/bars...pretty much a decent set for a home gym) shipped here. I have talked with Rage Fitness and they mention something called Cross Dock. Has anyone heard of that? There are about 4 of us here that I work with that want to buy some equipment so we can get in W/Os, but we aren't really willing to pay double the price when you start to include shipping things from the States. I am open to any and all suggestions on how and where to procure decent equipment without breaking my bank account.
I was in the same water and did a ton of searching. I went with Rogue. I got the best shipping rates from them and I just got my first piece of it in the mail after about a week. I ordered some heavy stuff that would have cost as much or more for shipping from anyone else. I'm voting for Rogue.

Go visit Crossfit Rammstein. They're cool and maybe they know something I haven't figured out yet.

Make friends with a local welder. That seems to be the way most get equipment around here.

Spangdahlem?

Last edited by Shawn Casey : 12-16-2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: 1
Old 12-17-2009, 05:32 AM   #4
Thijs Moonen

Profile:

You can try out the British shop of Brain Sharp. That's where I got my Pendlay bar from

http://www.strengthpowerspeed.co.uk/...mid=53&lang=en WFS

all the other stuff can be bought in Germany itself, although you never pay the same as in the States.

for instance: http://www.nerlinger.com/ (in German and WFS)
you can also try http://www.fitness-seller.nl/ WFS (there I purchased a KB set and some bumpers. Didn't recieve them yet so I can't give any pointers of those products. They ship to whole Europe.)
Old 12-26-2009, 06:41 AM   #5
Thijs Moonen

Profile:

http://pullsh.net/index.php?page=categorie&cat=17 (WFS)

they ship only in Germany.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #6
William Henniger

Profile:

David:

We ship to APO/FPO locations daily, just shoot us an email:bill@roguefitness.com

We sent a bunch of equipment to Ramstein a while back via Op Phoenix!

Happy Holidays

Bill
Old 01-05-2010, 02:21 AM   #7
David J Collins

Profile:

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the input! We have managed to clear a small hurdle here, but we have a long uphill battle in front of us to go to get CF equipment here. As of right now, its just a few of us buying it all on our own. Again, thanks for the advice and support!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #8
Glenn Siegrist

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David J Collins View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the input! We have managed to clear a small hurdle here, but we have a long uphill battle in front of us to go to get CF equipment here. As of right now, its just a few of us buying it all on our own. Again, thanks for the advice and support!
Might be a long shot but if you have anyone who is getting ready to PCS over to Germany, you may be able to drop ship to the new guys house in the states then have them pack it up with their house hold goods. Long way around to solve a problem but it would be cheaper. I plan on calling ahead to my next unit and find out what is needed before I PCS.
goog luck
Old 02-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #9
David J Collins

Profile:

Thats a good idea, had not thought about that...Thanks

But, I did wind up ordering stuff from Rogue (me and another guy went in on an order) and it was here in about a weeks time. Yeah shipping wasn't cheap, but I guess thats the price you have to pay sometimes. I haven't regreted it...been loving all the new goodies and can't wait to order more!
Old 12-03-2010, 02:32 AM   #10
Kim Groder

Profile:

David-
I am having some jump boxes built for my husband for Christmas. I went up to the wood shop on Spang and they are making them for me. The crappy thing is that plywood is much more expensive here that in the states, so it turned out to be a bit more pricy than I thought. It came out to about $100 per box, which I think is less than I would have paid if I bought and shipped. I took a copy of the CrossFit Journal article on Plyo Boxes and a copy of ones I found on instructables.com to show them what I wanted. If you have some carpentry skills you can use the tools there, and not have to pay for the labor.

Last year we orded two Concept 2 rowers, and they were not that expensive to ship, and got to the post office on base in a little more than a week . I did not realize how crap the ones were in the gym until I got on a new one.