CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-30-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
Lindsay Grant

Profile:
female meal plan

Hey Everyone

I was trying to search for a sample meal plan for a woman on here but I can't seem to find one. I just want to be sure that I am not eating too much or too little. If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated.
Along with my diet, my only workout is crossfit. Here is what a typical day looks like for me...(also, I stopped drinking the sugar free drinks this week and just sticking with water and tea...I do put stevia in my coffee though but that is it)

Breakfast: 6:30am-1/2 cup egg whites, 1 egg, 4 oz steak, chicken, or buffalo

Midmorning snack:Usually between 9:30 and 10:30-sliced cucumber or pepper with biggest loser protein powder mixed with water

Lunch: Usually between 12 and 1-my version of oriental chicken salad (2 cups cabbage, diced chicken breast, sliced almonds, bell pepper and a dressing that is balsamic vinegar and olive oil plus a small apple

Afternoon snack: Usually around 2:30- Zone Bar

Preworkout snack: Usually around 4 o 4:30- A handful of almonds (about 20)

Dinner: Usually around 7:30- 4oz chicken or steak, salad mixed with onions,peppers,carrots,radishes and a dressing of balsamic vinegar and olive oil

I usually have a tea early in the morning and a coffee with stevia late morning or right after lunch. And I have just been drinking water with my meals.

Is this too much, not enough, not the right combo???

Again, thank you for any input!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
Laura Kurth

Profile:
Re: female meal plan

What does this add up to in kcal/pro/carb/fat. what is your bodyweight?

What are your goals?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:49 AM   #3
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

It's low in fat.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:52 AM   #4
Ashley Wright

Profile:

I agree with Laura need a bit more info ... Height/weight/dietary choices ... Also I see your doing the protein powder in the middle of the day, are you working out then? or sitting behind a desk? I find that protein powder works best for me right after the work out. And also how do you feel eating this amount? Do you feel like your starving? Full to the brim?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:03 AM   #5
Lindsay Grant

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Wright View Post
I agree with Laura need a bit more info ... Height/weight/dietary choices ... Also I see your doing the protein powder in the middle of the day, are you working out then? or sitting behind a desk? I find that protein powder works best for me right after the work out. And also how do you feel eating this amount? Do you feel like your starving? Full to the brim?
This plan equals to about 1,389 calories, 114grams of carbs, 54 grams of fat, and 142grams of protein.

I feel fine throughout the morning, but I always feel hungry in the afternoon..I originally wanted my zone bar to be saved for around 4 and not eat the almonds but I am hungry around 2 hours after lunch. That seems to be my biggest struggle of the day. I do drink the shake midmorning when I am sitting behind a desk...I could wait and do this on my drive home from my workout but is that too much with my dinner at night?

Right now I am 5'5 and weigh about 150. My goal is to lose weight and tone up. Ideally, I would be happy with weighing between 130 and 140 but also being very toned...I mean, it would be great to weigh less than that but I have been told that below 130 is not a healthy weight for me.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:05 AM   #6
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

More fat. THe only meal that has fat in it (breakfast) is the one you feel best after.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #7
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

1389 calories is probably on the low side. There are calculators that will estimate your maintenance calories -- subtract 500 from that for slow but steady weight loss.

At 5'5", 130-140 is a decent target weight. See what you look like when you get there before you assume that's heavier than you want. Muscle is dense, so 130 lbs of mostly muscle looks *very* different than 130 lbs of mostly fat.

Katherine
Old 09-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #8
Ashley Wright

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
More fat. THe only meal that has fat in it (breakfast) is the one you feel best after.

edit: on a side note i'm 5'10 200lbs so that salad wouldn't keep me full till dinner =P
Old 09-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #9
Laura Kurth

Profile:

I'd go a bit higher in kcal also, those are low for your size.

couple of Q for you..

1.How long have you been following this meal plan and how many pounds have you lost since beginning it?

2.Do you plan to/have you been doing this 7 days per week?because if you have 1 or 2 days where you eat a ton of kcal, it brings up the average

3. what was your diet like prior to adopting this eating plan
Old 09-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #10
Lindsay Grant

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Kurth View Post
I'd go a bit higher in kcal also, those are low for your size.

couple of Q for you..

1.How long have you been following this meal plan and how many pounds have you lost since beginning it?

2.Do you plan to/have you been doing this 7 days per week?because if you have 1 or 2 days where you eat a ton of kcal, it brings up the average

3. what was your diet like prior to adopting this eating plan
Hey..I am going on my second week. I ate more fruit last week than this week. I did it on the weekdays and on the weekends tried to keep it similar. I haven't really lost any weight yet which is frustrating but I am trying to be patient.

If I am understanding correctly, I should have 2 days where my caloric intake is high and the rest of the days lower?

Before this I was trying to eat healthy but was eating a lot of whole grains, legumes and dairy.