CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
John W. Stockton

Profile:
Diet Critique

Hey guys, I finally got off my lazy 3rd point o' contact and cataloged my food for the day... I am trying to determine what is acceptable to maintain performance w/ 3/1 WODs and CFE 3 times a week and still lean out without over doing it...

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...=John_Stockton (WFS)

The only difference between this and my usual diet is that I added milk to my protein shake and I ate as much fruit as I wanted.

Today I had:
2,867 calories
224.8g Carbs
129.9g Fats
215.5g Protein
Roughly 40/30/30

I think I could drop half or more of the fruit along with the milk and protein shake and be better off in terms of leaning out (and be more paleo)

WHat are your thoughts?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #2
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: Diet Critique

Um... weren't you just posting about being on the verge of overtraining and needing to eat more? Maybe see how that works for a few weeks before you start changing things?

What you posted is not a huge amount of food for an adult male with your activity level. I definitely wouldn't cut back at this point.

Katherine
Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
John W. Stockton

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine Derbyshire View Post
Um... weren't you just posting about being on the verge of overtraining and needing to eat more? Maybe see how that works for a few weeks before you start changing things?

What you posted is not a huge amount of food for an adult male with your activity level. I definitely wouldn't cut back at this point.

Katherine
I am cutting the technique work out of the evenings and just sticking w/ WOD and CFE. This is my intake w/ the added calories of Milk/Fruit/Protein powder. My question I guess is "will this calorie level allow me to still loose BF while maintaining my performance?"

My over training, I am almost certain, was from overdoing the weight when I was working on technique.

This is HUGE jump (almost 50% on carbs and overall calories) from what I was taking in before.

Last edited by John W. Stockton : 09-16-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W. Stockton View Post
I am cutting the technique work out of the evenings and just sticking w/ WOD and CFE. This is my intake w/ the added calories of Milk/Fruit/Protein powder. My question I guess is "will this calorie level allow me to still loose BF while maintaining my performance?"
Try it and see. It's not really possible to determine these things precisely in advance. As I said, though, 3000 calories a day is not all that many if you're active -- I need that many some days, and you're probably bigger than I am. So I wouldn't cut back until you see how this works.

Katherine
Old 09-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
John W. Stockton

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine Derbyshire View Post
Try it and see. It's not really possible to determine these things precisely in advance. As I said, though, 3000 calories a day is not all that many if you're active -- I need that many some days, and you're probably bigger than I am. So I wouldn't cut back until you see how this works.

Katherine
Good Advice, I just don't want to ruin 6 weeks of work by loosening up too much on the diet now when I am so close to my goal, I am just now seeing (physically) a change in my body composition. I guess I had went so long without a full dose of calories that this just seems to be almost gluttony you know?

Anyways Thanks for the Advice!