CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
Benjamin Goodale

Profile:
excellent CFE cert

I attended the Running/Endurance cert in Milford, CT this weekend.

The cert was great. The coaching team (Brian, Max, Jay, BK) was top notch.

I am an average Crossfitter and a beginner triathlete. I have been reading and watching all the Pose articles and videos for a few months now. I have been attempting to POSE but knew that I really needed professional instruction.

The CFE focuses on POSE running technique and drills, but also covers a good amount of info about programming, nutrition, injury preventions, anatomy and mechanics, and how to go about training CFE.

If your not already a skilled runner, you're not necessarily going to be running faster at the end of the weekend. But you will undoubtedly receive the instruction, information, and tools that you need to start developing your running skills. It is in fact a highly refined skilled that generally only comes with dedicated practice.

I would absolutlely recommend this cert to anyone who is interested in CFE or who wants to improve their running.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
Shane Skowron

Profile:
Re: excellent CFE cert

I was at the cert too and I have to agree. I think if you want to run efficiently and injury-free you really need to get some coaching on the POSE method like at the cert.

I had learned a lot about CFE before going, but the cert really tied things together for me. I'm looking forward to using POSE for my training now.