CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 06-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
Andrew Peterson

Profile:
I don't know if anyone has seen this site before (w/f safe link)

http://www.mmaplayground.com/

It is for a free fantasy MMA league where you can pick the winners of the upcoming UFC events, and even place fake wagers on the fights. The site also runs a competition to see who is the most accurate, with the winner of the season (10 events) taking home $1,000. I don't have any illusions of being able to win the whole thing, but I thought a competition among those on this board might be fun. I created a profile and started a fight camp "Crossfit Top Team". If anyone else is interested, go to the site and look around to join the camp. The rules seem pretty simple and it might add a little fun to watching the events-since so many of us watch them anyways.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
Andrew Peterson

Profile:
Not to boost my own post here, but I noticed a mistake. If anyone wants to join the Crossfit Top Team, on the mmaplayground.com, let me know your user name and I"ll send you an invite.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:35 AM   #3
Armand Nicolas

Profile:
hey is this for real ?
it seems like is bull***t to me ...
what is so cool about it ?
Old 07-03-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
James Besenyei

Profile:
Andrew,
Looks interesting, haven't had time to surf around the whole site yet, but could be a way to bet w/o losing any $. Always a good thing!! By the way, whuddya thinks gonna' happen this weekend?

JIm.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #5
Andrew Peterson

Profile:
Well, it's not bs, and I just meant it as a way to make the fights a little more interesting by making some predictions on the fights and putting a little bit of your own prognosticative pride on the line. I thought it would be fun, especially since we seem to watch these fights anyway.

James, I'm not an expert on these fights, and the only thing that I know for sure is that I'm going to miss them because I'm going out of town to visit my girlfriend (she's spending a month in New Hampshire). This makes me mad, but I'm hoping she'll recognize my sacrifice.

As for predictions, I took Silva, Franca, and Rashad to win their fights. However, I could easily see any of those fights going the other way, with Silva maybe being the most likely (of the main three) to win. I think Franca and Sherk maybe the most action-packed of the three, and the Tito-Rashad thing, I have to go with Rashad based on the better wrestling and he trains/went to school in Michigan. I grew up there, even though I now live in Orange County, CA.

I'm also really excited to see Nogueira in his UFC debut, but I don't think Herring will be a close match given Nogueira's track record. Plus, KenFlo is on this card and he is one of my favorite fighters in the UFC. All in all, this looks like one of the deepest fight cards that they have had-obviously, as the UFC even called the event "Stacked".