CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 05-27-2005, 08:39 AM   #61
Ron Nelson

Profile:
You know, I have a nickname from my basketball crew.
"Glacier"

Big, white, slow. I also destroy the landscape as I move across it!
Old 05-27-2005, 08:42 AM   #62
Peter Galloway

Profile:

:lol:

Good one!
Old 05-27-2005, 06:10 PM   #63
Dan Silver

Profile:

Ron, I can totally imagine a boat load of white, upper-class tourists cruising by on a big ocean liner and watching your basketball team break apart into the majestic North Pacific.

Then, one day your basketball team will melt and flood the entire Earth, eliminating most of the non-aquatic animal life, and faction society into those that have petroleum and those that don't.

Bastards.

-D.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:21 PM   #64
Matt Gagliardi

Profile:
Thank God I've been hard at work genetically engineering my gills...
Old 05-27-2005, 07:55 PM   #65
Brad Hirakawa

Profile:
Matt,

I can help you with that. Just need a pint of your blood, a few pieces of hair, two formaldehyde-preserved goldfish, and 1/2 cup of salt.

Don't worry about the fish, I keep spares in my underwear drawer.

Brad
Old 05-27-2005, 08:04 PM   #66
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Mike - I'm half Japanese and a martial artist and you don't get to pick your name. Zeus gave it to me when we started the name game and that was that.

One v one shootout today. Did some brace contact training and I think that will be worthy of sharing with all you cop types. Very useful technique for close quarter gun fights. Anyway, at the end of the day we put 5 rounds in each of three magazines, went outside out of view of the shooting area while others re-arranged the striking pads that simulated cover. There was a line halfway between the two positions we could not cross and a wrestling mat on edge on one side of that line.

The pair before us played a cat and mouse game and took forever. Carefully placing shots and spending lots of time behind cover. My opponent was Thor, a very big guy, and one for whom getting small behind cover is not possible. On the whistle we ran in and both shot on the run as we approached. He centerpunched me twice but both were on my shock plate. I hit him on the inside of his right thigh, way too close to his Johnson, and on his left hip. He went to his cover and did a reload and I reloaded as I ran to the upright wrestling mat. I peeked up over the mat and saw Thor plain as day and put 5 rounds into his side. I dropped down to reload and when I stood back up he was gone. Our motto is always cheat, always win and I was sure he was flanking me around the observer area where he was not supposed to go. I turned around expecting to see him ready to shoot me but he wasn't there. I turned back and he was running at me with his brickwall using it as a shield and we drilled each other at near-contact range and he bowled me over into and through the mat wall. You must not do that with Simmunitions. The pics below show why. Is it just us or do some of the rest of you take a somewhat perverted pleasure in creating and receiving these kinds of welts?

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/3499/10558.jpg
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/3499/10559.jpg
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/3499/10560.jpg
Old 05-27-2005, 08:40 PM   #67
Derek Lane

Profile:
It's not just you. My buddy still shows off the scar on his bicep from a sim round he took while we were doing urban ops training, and that was hmm, approaching three years ago....

which just proves the criminals are schmucks to go up against guys like that... (tossing a lifevest to the thread subject... hold on Jack, don't ever let go.... damn... I think we lost him)
Old 05-27-2005, 10:41 PM   #68
Dan Silver

Profile:

Ah, simunitions. I'd gladly trade my pepper-spray and baton for a gun loaded with sim-rounds, in addition to my other one. The frustration that would be unleashed upon my fellow San Franciscans would be very theraputic for me.

-D.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:14 AM   #69
Tom Schneitter

Profile:
Begins to dive for the closest tree for permanent cover.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:35 AM   #70
Don Stevenson

Profile:
In a military incompetence vein....

A guy from my class at officer training school was out on survival training and was given the job of slaughtering a goat for food.

So he puts the struggling goats neck against his leg and proceeds to cut the goats throat as he's been shown by pushing the knife directly into the side of the neck.

Of course his razor sharp knife went through the goat and 2 inches into this leg resulting in a goat/cadet shish kebab with a now very distraught goat.