CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #3931
Ernie Guevara

Profile:
Re: Ernie's workout log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Agreed, but I must say Ernie, I know alot of people are not going to get past the MUs because t**** can't do them, you dod good. What do I need to look out for?
Just make sure you don't waste too much time on the ohs.keep them at quick breaks. I didn't do a good job with my breaks and it cost me time for the muscle ups.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #3932
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara View Post
Just make sure you don't waste too much time on the ohs.keep them at quick breaks. I didn't do a good job with my breaks and it cost me time for the muscle ups.
You also looked a little deflated , I understand , sometimes when your plan is not going how you want it mentally it can get you. Definately give it another go on Sunday, more pacing on the burpees and get to the OHS with some fire, once you move ahead of the time before you will find yet another wind. Its a nasty workout Ernie, dont beat yourself up, just get stronger.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 04-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #3933
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
You also looked a little deflated , I understand , sometimes when your plan is not going how you want it mentally it can get you. Definately give it another go on Sunday, more pacing on the burpees and get to the OHS with some fire, once you move ahead of the time before you will find yet another wind. Its a nasty workout Ernie, dont beat yourself up, just get stronger.
Thanks for the tips guys! I'll definitely give it another shot on Sunday if the body feels good.

In the meantime both of you need to beat that wod for me lol!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #3934
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara View Post
Thanks for the tips guys! I'll definitely give it another shot on Sunday if the body feels good.

In the meantime both of you need to beat that wod for me lol!
I will be leaving in 15 minutes, I will try and hurt it as bad as I can for you Ernie.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 04-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #3935
Jesse Emers

Profile:

Ernie first of all you should not be embarrassed. Everyone of us has off days and I think thats exactly what this was. I watched the video and you just mentally checked out after half of 2/3 of the burpees. You weren't keeping any pace, going slower than normal, and you could even tell by the looks on your face and body expressions that you wanted nothing to do with the WOD. All of us have these days and its just bad luck that it happened during an open attempt. You know and we all know that you can keep a faster pace than that.

Do the workout again on Sunday with a clear head. Do it like any other daily MP WOD, nothing special for the open. It will be an easy pr.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #3936
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Emers View Post
Ernie first of all you should not be embarrassed. Everyone of us has off days and I think thats exactly what this was. I watched the video and you just mentally checked out after half of 2/3 of the burpees. You weren't keeping any pace, going slower than normal, and you could even tell by the looks on your face and body expressions that you wanted nothing to do with the WOD. All of us have these days and its just bad luck that it happened during an open attempt. You know and we all know that you can keep a faster pace than that.

Do the workout again on Sunday with a clear head. Do it like any other daily MP WOD, nothing special for the open. It will be an easy pr.
For the second time tonight I totally agree with Jesse
Old 04-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #3937
Jay Rhodes

Profile:

Agreed with Jesse 100%.

Forget about that last attempt. Don't pace yourself off it, nothing. It was a bad day and you're better than that. I was pretty close with my prediction for WOD 3 and I think you're capable of 120+ on this one.
Stay in control and keep moving on the burpees, be a tough SOB and get through that barbell in less sets. You have a good OHS! And you're real solid on muscle ups too. Make each rep count. You should have some decent time for burpees, so as Scott would say, once you get back to them take pain.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #3938
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

4-17-11
Games wod 11.4
Amrap in 10 minutes
60 bar facing burpees
30 ohs 120lbs
10 muscle ups
Total: 1 round + 10 burpees=110 reps

Definitely happier with this!!! I actually did my burpees faster than last time. I managed the ohs better than last time but stillgot them in 4 sets. I would have liked to havgotten them in 3 but stopped at 27 reps cuz the left shoulder was on fire!! I got to the muscle ups with 2:40 remaining. I got them done in singles. I had about 50 secs left after the last muscle up so I ran and fixed the bar and did 10 burpees. Man were my lungs and arms on fire!!!
I am much happier with this but realized I have to get better at high volume ohs. Thank you guys for all the advice and support. I'll post the video soon.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #3939
Jay Rhodes

Profile:

YES!

So happy for you man.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #3940
Jesse Emers

Profile:

sweet!