CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Chad Lee

Profile:
Garage Gym Rubber Flooring

Hey all,

I am outfitting my garage gym as we speak. But the problem of rubber flooring came up. I will probably get a rogue W-4 wall mount. I do a considerable amount of oly lifts. Would it be easier to just bolt down rubber flooring to cover the entire floor? Or create a "Olympic lifting platform" under the W-4 rig?

For rubber flooring, would flooring from Home Depot or lowes work? (I have a store credit to use up).

Lowes: http://www.lowes.com/pd_249285-60754...ing&facetInfo=
Old 05-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
Richard Im

Profile:
Re: Garage Gym Rubber Flooring

i wouldnt use that flooring as its not very thick. however you can get horse stall mats which are usually 4x6 and .75" thick. This is what seems to be preferred and used in CF boxes, too.

You can bolt them down and be fine. Mines currently just laying there side by side in my garage and no slippage, yet. I asked about a separate section for 'platform' type usage and rubber for dropping zones, but it seems that only in high competitive situations would it make a difference to the lifter. Maybe if you are really good doing 250+ pounds snatches would the 'squishy' rubber floor make a big difference.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
Ryan B King

Profile:

Save the credit. I used Rubberflooringinc.com to get mine. Granted, I outfitted an entire box, but they definitely have the best rates. If you are looking for something a bit more timely, look for Horse Stall matting. Tractor Supply Co. usually has 4'x6' for about $40
Old 05-21-2013, 03:49 AM   #4
John Quinn

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Lee View Post
Hey all,

I am outfitting my garage gym as we speak. But the problem of rubber flooring came up. I will probably get a rogue W-4 wall mount. I do a considerable amount of oly lifts. Would it be easier to just bolt down rubber flooring to cover the entire floor? Or create a "Olympic lifting platform" under the W-4 rig?

For rubber flooring, would flooring from Home Depot or lowes work? (I have a store credit to use up).

Lowes: http://www.lowes.com/pd_249285-60754...ing&facetInfo=
A buddy of mine opened his CFB in TN and purchased a bunch of 4'x6'x3/4" mats from some company out of Atlanta and they shipped his entire order or rubber mats for free. I found out they are down the street from me so I called and they said they would offer me the same deal as long as I purchased 25 mats. Since I am just setting up my garage I didn't need that many so I got another buddy to go in with me since he was going to do the same thing. We ended up paying just $40/mat with shipping and I had one left over for the dog kennel. Great mats, smooth on both sides. www.rubberfloorsandmore.com