CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-27-2003, 11:54 AM   #1
Keith

Profile:

Can anyone offer their input on this book?
I've been eating paleo for some time now with great results. As blood type B-, D'adamo recommends something similar to the Eades' dilletante approach. ie: some dairy, and some non-wheat grains (in small quantities) may be consumed. I think that I'll try adding some bits and pieces from these food groups and see how it goes.
Anyone got any experience or thoughts? Robb?

Keith
Old 10-27-2003, 12:45 PM   #2
Scott Kustes

Profile:
Blood type matters when it comes to eating? I'm very interested in hearing more about this.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:56 PM   #3
Dan John

Profile:

This book seems to hit the lifting and throwing forums every couple of months. I read it...as an "O" it fit me perfectly...but a lot of smart people have told me it is practically a gob of goo.

Overall, I liked the ideas in the book. But, again, as an "O" you eat meat, fish, fowl and green veggies and some occasional fruit. That is what I do anyway. For the other groups, I don't know.

If you read the whole book, I think you will find a good read, but the "book" part is not very long. Most of the book is simply do and don't charts.

Certainly, look it over...but, I'm not sure how valid it is, but it worked for me.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:42 PM   #4
Keith

Profile:

Hi Dan. I would have sworn that I was an O, since I eat pretty much identically to yourself and have had great results, and don't intend to stray too far from that. I will probably use some of the does and dont's in the book to further refine my style of paleo eating.
According to D'adamo , type B's are pretty similar to type os in what they can and can't eat (basically paleo + dairy) but the addition of dairy gives an increased choice of foods.
Thanks for the input Dan.

Keith.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:36 PM   #5
Robert Wolf

Profile:
There seemed to be a progression of awareness for me regarding nutrition. The Zone told me fat is not bad, too many carbs are. Eat Right exposed me to the moncept of lectins and gut dammage caused by food. That information IMO is sound and good. If you apply the "O" recomendations to EVERYONE that is good. The rest I put less weight in than I do astrology.

I think I am an aquarius.