CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 12-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #121
Geoff Tudisco

Profile:
Re: 100 Burpee Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Russell View Post
Sounds like a dedicated crew, very nice.

I missed mine yesterday, day 19. So today should be fun. I have got to remember that no matter how bad it might be to do them, tomorrow will be worse if I don't!
Keep at it!

Yup, all 13 ended up finishing. The last chimed in at 11:46pm saying he finished his 600 burpees. It's a relentless 3 months, but finishing is its own reward.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #122
Brian Negrotto

Profile:

Hit day 50 today. While I can't tell, I have been noticing a lot of gains and improvments as of late and I truly believe that these burpees have contributed to it. I'd love to say that its all down hill from here, but not so much the case here. Ewww!!! Kind of curious, to the guys that just finished their 100th day, what all if any gains have you experienced? DO BURPEES!!!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #123
Tom Gerhard

Profile:

Day 83 is a wrap.

I have been separating the WOD and the burpees, but since day 80 I've been doing WODs that incorporate burpees and lots of 'em, even if it is a strength WOD (for example, doing burpees between deadlift sets). I'll probably do this until the end because I simply am running out of daylight to do what are amounting to two WODs a day.

No doubt, however, these are helping. Though my shoulders hate me, I am logging PRs in many WODs and am lifting weights that I could just barely do when I was 50# heavier and only lifting.

I'm a believer that a fairly regular dose of burpees is good for the body and soul.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:24 AM   #124
Brian Negrotto

Profile:

LOL. Rumor has it that burpees can cure cancer.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:40 AM   #125
Brian Negrotto

Profile:

I've decided to start a burpee thread, check it out. http://www.board.crossfit.com/showth...055#post710055 (WFS)
-brian
Old 12-16-2009, 12:21 AM   #126
Alexander Martin

Profile:

hmm, interesting.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #127
Tom Gerhard

Profile:

Wrapped up day 96 last night and will do 97 this afternoon. I missed Christmas Eve so I gave myself a Christmas present of 189 burpees (3 x 63).

Actually, these are saving my crossfitting hide since with work ramping up to close the year and increasing holiday demands, my WOD schedule has been totally out of whack -- spotty at best.

Thank heavens for burpees!!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #128
Desmond Pegrum

Profile:

This thread seems to be a totally different 100 Burpee challenge than the one on many combat sport forums

The idea is to do 100 GOOD FORM Burpees in under 5 minutes. Very tough ! my PB is 6.20

And by good form, has to have a decent jump. I know the guys were tired and huge props to those great athletes, but the Burpees performed in the chipper event at the 09 Crossfit games were of disgraceful form. The guys were barely jumping an inch ! the only way to have burpees in a competitive event is to have the athletes jump onto a box so the jump is measured and the same for everyone.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #129
Blaine Cardinale

Profile:

Finished day 20 today. The timing works out great that I should be leaving Bahrain for home (six month deployment) two days after I finish my 100. It makes for a nice (and painful) countdown.

So far, they haven't been too bad. Doing them in addition to my WOD's, and also on rest days. I'm not quitting - I will see these done and then see my butt on a plane home. I figure I'm going to count the ones that I do as part of the WOD if applicable, but I'm not going to do a burpee WOD everyday or anything. At least, I say that at 20...
Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #130
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

Burpees are evil!

About standarizing the jump, I would say that jumping onto a box is bad, as you have to come back down. The best would be to have a target overhead, say X inches above your standing reach, which you should touch in every jump with both hands, or fingertips at least.

You know what I don't like about burpees at CF games (and most videos of WODs with them)? That the guys, after the push-ups, they jump back and land with their hips high, knees almost extended, and jump/extend/clap from there. I always make a point to come back from the push-up and land in the bottom-of-an-air-squat possition, so you have to squat+jump from the bottom. I guess I'm weird but it's how I first saw the movement described and it's how I always do it.

All this crap being said... I suck at burpees, did 60 in 4:40 today, clap overhead and what I thought was a decent jump, although maybe I wasn't jumping too high, who knows. 100 in under 5 minutes sounds beastly, that's a burpee every 3 seconds, so pretty much no rest at all, wow.