CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 12-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
Jon Daniel Hoberg

Profile:
Unhappy pain in hips??

I have had pain in my hips now for a while and am not sure why. Sometimes it gives me pain in my lower back, and seems to radiate a throbbing pain through my pelvis area. It doesn't hurt all the time but is definately annoying. When it is acting up like today I can't perform the WOD (which is HIGHLY frustrating). If anyone is familar with this or sufers from hip pain also I would appreciate any information on dealing with it. THanks. 3-2-1 GO!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
Wade Smith

Profile:
Re: pain in hips??

Lean your tight hip spots (trigger points which are possibly referring pain to the low back & hip area) hard into a lacrosse ball. Tennis ball may be too soft. Let the painful pressure mitigate the tight musculature.

If you can take serious pain, lay down on the ball (on floor). Less pain, lean against ball against wall.

I'm guessing but I've had the same issue in the past and have seen this approach work almost immediately. Good luck.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
Corey Duvall

Profile:
Re: pain in hips??

How long have you had the problem? Are you able to associate it with any activities? What makes it better? Does it go away with rest? Is it always in both hips, and by hips, do you mean the femoroacetabular joint or the lowest part of the back?