CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-13-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
Gary Ohm

Profile:
Re: York/Allison Foreman

Well then I'll keep waiting. Thank for the responses Theresa. And, yes I also used the .com
Old 07-15-2008, 11:03 AM   #12
Joey Guth

Profile:

I'd call her direct at (614) 785-9266.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #13
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

If one contacts her directly, is it possible to get a better price than the one listed at the NewYorkBarbells website? Because I see the GHD over there is $450 with free shipping. I want to get one of those, the one with the NOT-rotating pads obviously, as it's the one I've seen in CF videos.

Also (darn, kinda off topic now?), the one in the NYBB webpage shows two sepparate pads... in the CF videos I usually see one piece of pad, and now two, which is best or more advisable?
Old 07-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #14
Peter Wall

Profile:

I just received my order from York and its awesome. Full set of Bumper Training Plates, a regular plate tree and a full bumper rack. Allison was great to work with and even offered some of her own suggestions for me to consider. She was very responsive and the quality is just about as good as it gets. I know it took her a day to get my freight quote so that may be the reason for the delay in addition to just being busy. She's tops in my book.

Allison Foreman
Commercial and Vertical Markets
YORK Barbell
(614) 785-9266 office
(614) 785-9322 fax
allisonforeman@aol.com
Old 07-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #15
Gary Ohm

Profile:

I'll try calling her direct. I still have not heard back from her. Maybe since I only want a GHD it is not worth the trouble to figure special pricing...
Old 07-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #16
Howard Wilcox

Profile:

FYI, newyorkbarbells is a different company than york.

howard
Old 07-18-2008, 08:18 AM   #17
Allison Foreman

Profile:

Hi, guys! Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate them! Theresa and Gary, I expect that you've received my responses by now (had to await freight rates from the shipping department). Will clear the inbox, but can always reach me at allisonforeman@aol.com, or my office number at (614) 785-9266, cell (614) 284-6455 or fax at (614) 785-9322. Sorry I've been playing "road warrior" lately!

Allison Foreman, York Barbell
Old 07-19-2008, 08:10 AM   #18
Gary Ohm

Profile:

Glad you are back Allison. I'll check my e-mail now.

Gary
Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #19
Allison Foreman

Profile:

Hi, guys. Looks like its time to throw my contact info back out there. Sometimes forget that some folks may not have it, and not just trying to self promote or anything, but really appreciate all the kind comments.

Of course, I offer the CF community gets at least a 30% discount on everything in the York Barbell product line, and can send electronic catalogs and quotes that will include discounts and lowest available freight (I'll need zip codes for freight calculations, and whether its a commercial or residential delivery).

I do await freight quotes from our shipping department, as I always find out the lowest available rate for each request (particularly helpful when multiple items are being considered). Lots of times you can add on toys without changing the freight rate at all, so I try to get that information as well - those freebie add-ons are determined by load size, weight, and distance, and my shipping goddess is awesome with that! Would rather spend $$$ on toys rather than shipping, so I try to let folks know how many additional lbs they can toss on a load for "free"! Freight can really be a determining factor, and I don't use a "blanket" rate as it may not be the client's lowest, and do not consider shipping to be a profit center. So I do apologize if it takes a wee bit longer.

Okie dokie, here's how to find me: Allison Foreman, for York Barbell, (614) 785-9266 office, (614) 284-6455 cell, (614) 785-9322 fax, allisonforeman@aol.com

Thanks, and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance. Anyone can give me a shout with any requests, or just to talk shop!!