CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-29-2004, 07:26 AM   #1
Neal Watson

Profile:  
After reading one of the back issues of the crossfit journal that spoke about using the giant rubber bands for weight offset for assistance for things like pullups and dips, I decided that I wanted to get these to help me through some of the WOD's.

Then someone posted the link to Iron woody fitness--http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com and I quickly sent that link over to my wife to add the fitness bands to my christmas list.

Sure enough she got me the intermediate set, 2 reds, 2 blues and 2 greens, and last night when I did my workout I was able to use them for my pullups.

What a great idea these are for offsetting body weight. My 235lbs is a lot of hind end to pull up off the ground. These made the WOD I had scheduled for last night (DL 135lbsX10, run 400m, 21 pullups) more feasible for me.

The looks I got were priceless. THe three guys in the weight room were staring at me like I had three heads or something.

I didn't know what to expect from the fitness bands when they arrived, but my wife (who is basically a couch potato) seems to be very intrigued by them.

Less expensive than jumpstretch. When hitched to the pullup bar about 7.5 feet off the ground, they had no problem stretching all the way to the ground.

I'm anxious to try other things with them as I progress through the workouts.

Next investment, a cheap basketball and some sand, and some type of ring setup.

Old 01-09-2005, 10:30 PM   #2
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Neal - I train some women in my gym so I got some bands to help them do chin ups as they can barely do any unassisted. They are also excellent to attach to your bar for squats and benches. You can use your imagination and loop the band around your neck then stand on the other end of the loop and do squats and in many other ways provide progressive resistance to any movement you can imagine. Great training tool.