CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 06:22 AM   #91
Robert D Taylor Jr

Profile:
Re: CF endurance article in triathlete magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mallory View Post
It's not that the program is wrong, it's that CFE is seen as a ridiculous sideshow act with tattoo's, ridiculous slogans, and slow times......Hence the shirt comment

That's not my viewpoint, but a lot of elite tri-crew thinks this way. I try to tell a triathlete they need to deadlift and then their like "whoa, I'm not one of THOSE guys".

I'm all for experimentation with new protocols, but it's hard to do with the image that they're creating......
Maybe so, I don't really care about CFE, I'm not sure about how much controversy their image is stirring up in tri circles. I don't think I agree with their tossing of Long Steady Distance, and I'm not sure that in reality they are going to win Kona, in the same way that CF isn't going to get you into the NFL. I think it will help you finish respectably, in the same way CF will help you not suck at the weekend flag football game.

All that aside, bogging down a good fitness discussion by complaining about a T-shirt slogan is ridiculous and toolish.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:59 AM   #92
Camille Lore

Profile:  
Re: CF endurance article in triathlete magazine

I think we've taken this as far as it can go.

Closed Thread