CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 11-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #71
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Thinking of taking up Tae Kwon Do

unconscious or immobilized, preferably both if not something else.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #72
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Riddle View Post
Again, I do think it is important to know some ground skills for self-defense, but don't make that your focus of self defense.
Best use of ground skills: using the other guy as a shield until you can get up again.

Katherine
Old 11-23-2010, 07:29 AM   #73
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Quote:
Works for me. Punch, kick, bite, eye gouge, whatever it takes.
That's why I love Japanese Jujutsu. Lots of dirty tricks. Let's face it, being a smallish woman, I'll need 'em! Forget a triangle choke!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #74
Wayne Riddle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Lore View Post
That's why I love Japanese Jujutsu. Lots of dirty tricks. Let's face it, being a smallish woman, I'll need 'em! Forget a triangle choke!
There are no dirty tricks in a street fight, only winning and losing. Be the winner.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:37 AM   #75
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Quote:
There are no dirty tricks in a street fight, only winning and losing. Be the winner.
Exactly!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #76
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Well I just almost ended up in a fight. lol.

My wife was driving and we had our son in the back. We went through an intersection and the light was green and some dude didn't yield and turned left in front of us and almost creamed us. Because my son was in the car I got pretty angry and we went back to the Wendy's the guy had pulled into to ask him what he was thinking. It was stupid but I lost my temper on account of my son. I'm kind of afraid of what trouble I'd get myself into if I actually got into a wreck with him in the car. I'd get myself hurt or thrown in jail.

Anyway we pull up and I ask if he saw us and if he could read the yield sign.
He jumps out of his car and says "I apologize for not seeing you but if you want to make something of it then we can f**cking go!"
Some apology.
I'm not mad he's so belligerent so I start yelling and cussing (i don't even know what i was saying) and he starts beating on the top of his car saying "Well let's go!" My wife says "This is stupid. I'm leaving." and starts to drive off. I flip his wife off and call her a name and he starts chasing our car going "Show me I'm a b* tch! Come on back and show me!" The people in Wendy's are like WTF looking out the window.

He starts to follow us to our house but I guess his wife talked him down and he pulled off and drove away.

I feel like such an idiot now. I haven't lost my temper like that in years and losing my temper like that has never almost lead to a drag out at a fast food restaurant. Good thing. I might've gotten hurt or ended up in jail. Or shot. Or stabbed. Glad my wife has a cool head.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:18 AM   #77
Jacob Israel Briskin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
Well I just almost ended up in a fight. lol.

My wife was driving and we had our son in the back. We went through an intersection and the light was green and some dude didn't yield and turned left in front of us and almost creamed us. Because my son was in the car I got pretty angry and we went back to the Wendy's the guy had pulled into to ask him what he was thinking. It was stupid but I lost my temper on account of my son. I'm kind of afraid of what trouble I'd get myself into if I actually got into a wreck with him in the car. I'd get myself hurt or thrown in jail.

Anyway we pull up and I ask if he saw us and if he could read the yield sign.
He jumps out of his car and says "I apologize for not seeing you but if you want to make something of it then we can f**cking go!"
Some apology.
I'm not mad he's so belligerent so I start yelling and cussing (i don't even know what i was saying) and he starts beating on the top of his car saying "Well let's go!" My wife says "This is stupid. I'm leaving." and starts to drive off. I flip his wife off and call her a name and he starts chasing our car going "Show me I'm a b* tch! Come on back and show me!" The people in Wendy's are like WTF looking out the window.

He starts to follow us to our house but I guess his wife talked him down and he pulled off and drove away.

I feel like such an idiot now. I haven't lost my temper like that in years and losing my temper like that has never almost lead to a drag out at a fast food restaurant. Good thing. I might've gotten hurt or ended up in jail. Or shot. Or stabbed. Glad my wife has a cool head.
I....don't know what to say. That was beautiful.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #78
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Btw that should say "I'm now mad he's so belligerent" not "I'm not mad".

But yeah, stupid thing to do.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #79
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Yep, especially considering you did not know if he had a weapon or firearm. You're in OK ya know.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #80
Wayne Riddle

Profile:

Meditations on Violence on Warrior Podcast (WFS), Good listen.