CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:55 AM   #41
Christie Phillips

Profile:
Re: Foundations Curriculum

Pplease send me a copy too. cephllip@southernco.com
Old 02-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #42
Sean Manseau

Profile:

me too, please: sean@pioneervalleycrossfit.com.

but obviously it would make much more sense for someone to host it for downloading off the web, password protected if necessary. i think someone already volunteered, but i'm too lazy to go back through the posts, so i'll throw my hat in the ring anyway.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #43
Matthew Lucas

Profile:

Thank you for your hard work. If at all possible, would you please forward it to me as well?

Thank you!

MattLukey@gmail.com
Old 02-06-2008, 02:50 PM   #44
Adam Noble

Profile:

Me too please. adam@carbonla.com
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #45
Allan Luomala

Profile:

Quick update: no word from CFHQ yet, so I will try another approach. I passed it on to a few people as a trial, and apparently I may have to convert it to Powerpoint 97 - 2003 format, which increases the file size considerably, from 6MB to 21MB on average. I can upload the 2 different formats (PowerPoint 2007 and the 97 - 2003 version), and then post links to which vers you could use. I also made an attempt at uploading it to Google Documents presentation app, but no dice, as the file size has to be under 10MB, and it doesn't recognize PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) files yet.

Sorry it is taking so long, but I don't want to get myself into a heap of trouble, as I plan on applying for my affiliate somewhere in the next few months to next few years.

AL
Old 02-06-2008, 09:42 PM   #46
Elizabeth Young

Profile:

While your at it could you please forward me also? Thanks

eay20@aol.com
Old 02-07-2008, 08:16 AM   #47
Allan Luomala

Profile:

Good news!! I received Coach's blessing to allow the files to be available for downloading. Again, it will have to be via a filesharing site (MegaUpload) until I can arrange for someone to host them, likely with password protection to reduce their bandwidth load.

I created 2 separate downloads: one in PowerPoint2007, and then I saved it in "compatability mode" for use in PowerPoint versions 97 - 2003. I didn't have the means to test it in these older versions, so I will have to take MicroSoft's word that they will work. The only real difference is that you won't be able to modify some of the fancy graphics elements that I created (smart art, word art, picture formatting, etc), but that is only icing on the cake. The content is what is important.

I would appreciate any feedback, as I would like to keep the quality as high as I can manage, and may end up modifying the files, and then posting the occasional updates.

Important: Keep in mind that this was created for a military audience, and the portion in the 'Day 3 - Programming' presentation utilizes the Combat Fitness Program (CFP) protocol, which is somewhat different from CrossFit, mainly in that it is somewhat conservative in terms of intensity (it is recommended to do 4 weeks on, then do a one week testing/unloading week). The link provided in the References section on the Day 1 Introduction presentation has the link to the (link ->) ACIM (Army Fitness Manual Coaching and Instruction Manual), which was produced as a collaboration between CrossFit and the Canadian Army (specifically the Canadian Infantry School at Canadian Forces Base Gagetown) in the fall of 2006. It is where I first met Coach, Nicole Carrol and Eddie Lugo, a truly life-enriching event!! This package is very good, and has a TON of information. It is where the picture-by-picture demonstrations of the exercises that are in the presentation can be found (in PDF format) which would be very useful as handouts for students/clients, plus there are Flash animations for all the exercises, and the valuable wisdom of Coach can be heard by clicking on the "whistle" icon in each exercise page.

Here is the link for the PowerPoint2007 vers (complete with handout version): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FI8AN3SB

Here is the PPT 97 - 2003 version (no handouts, due to large file size): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SR0LGAWK

Please read the "please_read.txt" for the notice that I wrote.

AL

P.S In the near future I will have to submit a bibliography to show which CFJ's that I gleaned the content for the presentation from. I am a (newly) retired military guy, so this type of thing is new to me, and I don't want to step on anyone's toes and not give them credit where it is due. Plus, I "borrowed" a few pictures from the internet for my compare/contrast of CF to traditional fitness models, and I didn't ask for permission to use them. Keep that in mind when utilizing this package in any public venues. It may be easier to remove any offending pictures, or substitute them with "legal" ones. This is my CYA notice.....

Last edited by Allan Luomala : 02-07-2008 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Caveat on content in presentations
Old 02-07-2008, 08:58 AM   #48
Allan Luomala

Profile:

Not sure why I can't edit my above post (only posted about 30 minutes ago), but I wanted to add that the 2 file sizes were:

Powerpoint2007 vers is 35.1MB (including handouts)
PPT 97 - 2003 vers is 45MB (no handouts)

AL

P.S I am trying to get somebody to host the files so that the whole sile-sharing site can be avoided (some people wouldn't be able to access from work, WFS can't be guaranteed, etc). Any offers for mirrors would be appreciated, although I would like to keep it to a reasonable number so that any modifications made wouldn't have to be done a ton of times (i.e for each site it is mirrored at).
Old 02-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #49
Chad McDaniel

Profile:

First let me say that I am finding great information in the forums... That said, I am very new to the whole BLOG or forum posting thing so I appologize in advance for any violations to unwritten Web posting protocols. I would also like a copy of the cirriculum.

Keep the info coming...

Thx
Old 02-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #50
Bill Russell

Profile:

Allan,

I have plenty of storage space on my servers connected to the net on dual OC-12 pipes. I am happy to host your files and make them available for Cfers to download.

Let me know if you want my help.