CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 03-01-2003, 11:17 AM   #1
Daniel Ramos

Profile:
I'm not 100% sure but I think I've heard mentioned on this site that MMA fighter BJ Penn is a crossfiter. Well he had an amazing battle last night agaisnt Caol Uno wich ended in a draw (BJ was robed IMO). More inportantly to the topic of this board was the fact that this one of the most active MMA matches I have ever seen. It was a championship match with five, five minute rounds. The action was non stop and by the end of it BJ looked like he could go for a few more no problem (to his credit, so did Uno). These are two amazingly conditioned and skilled athletes. The fight inspired me to train even harder than I have lately.

happy training
Daniel
Old 03-01-2003, 11:28 AM   #2
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
Hey Daniel,

BJ Penn definitely is a crossfitter. You can get details on his training methods and views at http://www.bjpenn.com/academy/on-training.htm.

Ryan
Old 03-02-2003, 05:58 PM   #3
don

Profile:

Daniel, I agree with you...BJ was robbed, in my opinion BJ had 4/5 rounds. Just watching them go at it for 5 rounds x 5 minutes got me winded. Their conditioning was truly amazing...gots to keep training. Don