CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 12-18-2007, 08:40 AM   #1
Jonathan Rich

Profile:
CrossFitters in Greensboro NC?

Still trying to find anybody in Greensboro who might want to get together.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:06 AM   #2
John Velandra

Profile:
Re: CrossFitters in Greensboro NC?

Have you checked out Winston Salem?? There's a great group there as well as CrossFitNC in Raleigh.

OR - you can always come play with us!
Old 12-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
Jonathan Rich

Profile:

Hey John- I keep considering going to Winston, but it would almost double the amount of miles I would be driving a week. With gas prices so high it would be really expensive. I know I would love the group setting though. I always push myself harder when I'm working out with others.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
Bryan Ray

Profile:

Just moved to Greensboro a couple of months ago and need a work out partner. Moved from W-S and went to the local affiliate there but I have the same problem with the location now. (By the way Pete was awesome) Pretty cool to see him on the main page today! Just getting back to it and need a partner. Intensity is definately better with someone else to "compete" with/against. Where are you in GSO? I'm around Pisgah Church and Lawndale and the gyms around here aren't Crossfit friendly. Let me know?
Old 01-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
Jonathan Rich

Profile:

Hey Bryan-
I actually live in Oak Ridge, but I work in Greensboro. I would definitely like to have some people to work out with. I have talked a couple of times to a guy that's doing CrossFit at the YMCA in downtown Greensboro. We had planned on getting together a couple of times a week, but last week he screwed up his knee and said it would be a couple of weeks before he could. I've done something to my knee this week, but I'm icing it so hopefully it will be good soon. I had been doing CrossFit-like workouts for awhile, but just jumped on the WOD's as prescribed a couple of weeks ago. I think I may have went at it a little too hard and that's what's wrong with my knee.

Have you joined a gym or anything yet?
Old 01-28-2008, 10:39 AM   #6
Justin McCallon

Profile:

Hey, I go to school in Wilmington, but my parents are in Oak Ridge and I go back every now and then. I made my dad start doing CrossFit and he joined a new gym called "The Rush" on Battleground across from Gold's. I haven't seen it yet, but he said it's a reasonable place to train like that. I used to workout with him at the YMCA (Spear's Center) and that didn't really work well at all.

And the Winston place is really good if you haven't checked it out. I've been there once and Pete was a big help. It's been cool seeing him on the front page a few times.

I forget to check this board often, but if you hit me up with an e-mail I'll let you know when I'm back home and maybe we could meet up.

Justin.McCallon@gmail.com