CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 08-10-2006, 05:08 AM   #41
Steven Low

Profile:
Haha, nah I knew you had the generally right idea. I just like being thorough and as much correct as I can with information (which is hard sometimes since people's body's respond differently to training).
Old 08-11-2006, 02:15 AM   #42
Jason Lopez-Ota

Profile:
bobbi are you the same bobbi that's in an article at kravmaga.com?

http://www.kravmaga.com/pdf/bobbi_article.pdf
Old 08-11-2006, 10:55 AM   #43
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
That's her. Bobbi rocks.

Bobbi - The explosive stuff is good, but I'd suggest working statically in the bottom part of the pullup. Or negatives in the bottom half of the pullup, that sort of thing. Concentrate on building strength in that range of motion of the pullup. That should help a lot.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:44 AM   #44
Bobbi Beglau Salvini

Profile:
Jason: Yes, that’s me. I did not know I was in the Krav archives. Thanks for passing this along to me. I saw an article about a woman that went into debt $5,000 to hire a trainer. If you have the money, that is great, but the article made me so mad I contacted the paper to plug the Crossfit program. I didn’t hear from them for a while. I had to have abdominal surgery and the week after the doctor released me to work out, I did a crazy program that included 300 lunges. The next day the paper called and said they will be there tomorrow to take pictures. That morning I couldn’t even walk right. So I got up and used a foam roller, I hit my Krav class first and then the Crossfit class. That foam roller was a good investment!

Lincoln: So here I am with my little post surgery sized dumb bells, when I could have shown off the great work you did teaching me to Olympic lift. Actually, the whole thing was rather weird with a photographer taking a ton of pictures of everything I did. That smile on my face was just how happy I was to be vertical! BTW, I just love the clean and jerk. I have made a lot of progress. Life is just way fun. I also decided to start working on muscle ups. My husband and I have been going over to the local pool and we do a beginner version on the side of the pool. With a submerged pull up, I can get enough speed to pop up onto the edge of the pool deck. The last time we went we got a whole group of teenagers to join us.

Thanks also for the tips and the kind words. Your friends here in California would love to see you.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #45
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
If you have any better pictures especially of the clean & jerk I'd love to have them!

The pool muscle-up is a good idea. That's like a bar muscle up. Along the same lines, for a while I was practicing jumping muscle ups in a similar manner. [This assumes you can do a ring dip.] I started with the rings low - say around face height - and would jump into the dip position. I'd use a false grip and keep the rings close, just like a real muscle up. As I got better at it I'd either jump less aggressively or raise the rings.

Hopefully I can get out to So Cal. sometime in the near future. Would love to see the great progress you Brand-X folks have made!