CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
Dan Thomas

Profile:
Thumbs up So... just got my Nitrean+. Initial impressions.

Mr. Mason... excellent work, my friend. I appreciate your research and hard work on this... it was well worth it, in my opinion.

I've used a dozen or more different protein powders over the last decade and based on what I've seen, smelled, and tasted so far... this is, by far, the best I've used. I don't foresee switching any time in the near future.

As soon as I opened the jug, I noticed two things... texture, and smell.

Texture (and mixability)
The Nitrean+ powder is very fine. Not nearly as coarse as some other brands (ON 100% Natural, for example). This led to a 10/10 for mixability. Not even the slightest clump after just a few shakes in my shaker. I used 8oz of whole milk, and 1 scoop of Nitrean+.

Smell
The smell is pleasant. Not excessively sweet, and not overly "natural" like ON's 100% Natural which is akin to drinking cardboard, or a wool sweater. It's psychosomatic, perhaps, but I also smelled a little cinnamon.

Taste
My wife hates protein powders. Hates. She might have a shake with half a scoop of another powder, a banana or two, and a large tablespoon of PB..might. And when I say "have" I really mean "choke down."

I couldn't pry the Nitrean+ shake out of her hands. I had to make a second for me. She chugged that bad boy, and it was only milk and powder!

Big thumbs up for taste... it's chocolatey, but not overpowering. Very clean.

Overall
The best I've used in 10 years and maybe 12 different powders. I'm thrilled with the egg, casein, and whey mixture. The only other one I've seen with a similar mixture was Myofusion from Gaspari, and that was disgustingly thick and sweet.

To take Mr. Mason up on his "use half" claim, I'm using exactly half of what I used to use with my previous brands. Used to be 50g or so, per shake... 1 or 2 shakes per day. We'll see.

For now... good work, Mr. Mason.

Respectfully,
Dan