CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
Rob Exline

Profile:
Rob E's Crossfit Journal

Been crossfitting exclusively for a couple of months. I totally drank the Kool Aid after going to Crossfit Houston to train with Carlos privately for several sessions to get ready for the SEAL Adventure Challenge in May '08. I am doing Crossfit exclusively now with some now and again junk miles of running thrown in.

And I am going to the Level 1 Cert in Ft Worth next month. I can't wait.

Anyway here is my start:

Yesterday Filthy Fifty with some subs:

50 Box Jumps (used a bench at the gym, not quite 24")
50 Jumping pull ups
50 DB swings with 35lb DB
50 Walking Lunges
50 Knees to Elbows
50 Push Press 45lb bar
50 Back Ext (Floor)
50 Thrusters with 20lb Barbell
50 Burpees
50 Tuck Jumps (Can't conisistently Double Under)

27:06

Today

2k Row

7:47
Old 07-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
Rob Exline

Profile:
Re: Rob E's Crossfit Journal

Did the Push Jerk WOD today. I worked many more sets than 5 because I am uncomfortable with the movement as I really have never done them before. So I worked several sets with PVC tube, as with overhead squats I feel like I like the upper shoulder, mid back and hamstring flexiblity to stay stable in a low OH squat position.

Then I worked several sets with 60 to 70 lbs.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #3
Rob Exline

Profile:

Took a rest day yesterday. This morning I did Fran. The last time I did Fran was on May 12, 08 for time. The time sucked it was 14:12 and I jacked up my shoulder and had to go to a sports doc for it. Did some rehab and stretching. It still bothers me occasionally.

Today I kicked as on Fran compared to May 12. My time was 6:50. Every set was broken up but I took less breaks and kicked ***. My respiration was really high, it seems even more than doing sprints. It took a while to get the burning in my lungs out but I really feel good about the Fran time today.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
Rob Exline

Profile:

I did yesterday's WOD

Overhead squats
burpees

I only did 85 lbs because my overhead squats suck. I am horribly inflexible where I need to be to do these. But I will keep plugging away and try to do these more often as a skill practice. I warm up doing pvc pipe overhead squats. It will come.

My time was 10:08
Old 07-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #5
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Hey Rob,

Welcome to the posting world! Nice picture there, eh!?! Your cert is coming up soon. Hope you have fun up at GSX and say "Hi" to Tucker for me. See you around.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
Rob Exline

Profile:

Grace thanks. It is good to be here. I am sure you love that picture since it is the aftermath of one of your workouts .

Did Michael today 19:35.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #7
Carla Tremblay

Profile:

Hey Rob! Welcome to the boards! I workout at CF Houston on the weekdays (am in Houston for work every week). Are you opening an affiliate or just taking the cert for fun? I'd like to take it for fun one of these days...

Old 07-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
Rob Exline

Profile:

Hi Carla
Thanks for stopping by. I am taking the Cert because I have been wanting too for a long time. I hope to open an affiliate as well. One step at a time. I am looking forward to the cert next month.

Carlos has a great place. And he comes up with really inventive workouts.

R
Old 07-28-2008, 07:55 AM   #9
Rob Exline

Profile:

For the most part today will be a rest day. Thanks to Carla from above, I am going to start my quest for 20 dead hangs with the Recon Ron Pull up program. So I will do those today.

I guess a little history about myself. For the last 9 years or so I have been following my passion by being a Personal Trainer/Fitness Pro. Like so many I followed a path were I trained people and myself in a traditional manner of straight set body building etc. However, I always looked for other ways to push myself and others.

Fitness always opened so many doors I never thought I would walk through. I have done sprint triathlons, kickboxing(including 3 amatuer club fights), countless 5k's, Muay Thai, obtained a brown belt and most recently the SEAL Training Adventure.

When I really started getting into Martial Arts, I delved deeper into underground style odd object training. I found Underground Strength Coach, Ross Emmanit, Crossfit, kettlebells etc. I fell in love with that style of training. As I was going through my martial arts training, I was finding that I needed a more dynamic functional style training that would prepare my aging body for the rigors I was putting it through since I was working for and training with Guy Mezger(former UFC light heavyweight contender). The ma program had elements of mma and I needed to find someway to compete with many younger than me.

Off and on for the last several years I have looked to Crossfit for inspiration in workouts and trying what seemed like imppossible workouts. I never fully commited to it until this last April. I was in the midst of trianing for the SEAL Training Adventure when I sought out Carlos of Crossfit Houston to help with my final preperation. Boy was I glad I did. I could not make the classes do to my own professional committments. So I privately trained with him in off class hours. It was an incredible experience. I drank the Kool Aid.

It has been nothing but Crossfit ever since. I have also had the good fortune to meet other local Houston Affiliates, Grace in Sugar Land and Vic of Bayou City Crossfit. Besides the awesome workouts, the people in the community are so amazing, giving, supportive, welcoming and just over all great people. I am so glad that I drank the Kool Aid. So much so that I am slowly but surely giving out sips of the Kool Aid to my wife and growing clientle. I can't wait to go to the cert next month.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #10
Carla Tremblay

Profile:

Thanks for giving us your background! I'm also trying to get my husband into this... Baby steps...

Was the Seal Training Jack Walston's training group? Are you familiar with him? I participated in his program off and on between 2001 and 2006 at Memorial.