CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-09-2007, 06:25 AM   #1
Erik Kahari

Profile:
From the north to the south of Sweden there´s 1000 miles of vast forests, lakes and rivers. Even tough I live in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden with 2million people I always have water or forests near me. To my home 8 miles from central Stockholm I can either run through a corridor of His majestys King Carl Gustaf parks or skate on the frozen sea. Or if I have a lazy day take the commuter train.
Today I´ll do some orienteering, =Running a course marked on a map finding my way through rough terrain.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:41 AM   #2
Erik Kahari

Profile:
Went cross-country ice skating sunday. Sunny -5 C. I just walk quarter of a mile to a bay of the Baltic Sea with my army boots on, and strap on my cross-country iceskates with 50 cm blades and skate using ski sticks. It´s a great workout for the entire upper and lower body.

Weight: 76kg = 167 pounds
Height: 172cm= 5´8"
Waist at navel: 85cm= 33"
BMI= 25,7

Goal
Weight: 74kg = 163 pounds
Waist= 80 cm = 31"
BMI= under 25
Old 02-12-2007, 01:16 AM   #3
Erik Kahari

Profile:
If anyone´s interested in Nordic ice-skating you can find out more about it if you google "nordicskater" If you don´t have any frozen lakes in your area I can tell you that I skate with inline-skates in the summer using cross-country skisticks.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:21 AM   #4
Erik Kahari

Profile:
I just registred for a 1/2 marathon = 21k on may 19th in Stockholm.

Goal: Sub 1h 35 min
Old 02-13-2007, 04:59 AM   #5
Erik Kahari

Profile:
Ice, ice, ice everywhere there´s just ice. I bought running shoes equipped with metals studs today. My German Shepard Zorro has to stay home on todays run. He pulled a muscle because of the icy conditions. I want to start doing more of the exercizes you do here at Crossfit. I train at a regular gym and chins and dips are no problem and I´ve started doing other exercizes where you use only your bodyweight. I feel that it improves my running. I try to mix lifting heavy and training with bodyweight only.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:15 AM   #6
Erik Kahari

Profile:
13k run from work with 15pound backpack/ workclothes, winterjacket, shoes and more. I love my new shoes with metalstuds. Traction is no longer a problem..full speead ahead!
Old 02-15-2007, 05:20 AM   #7
Erik Kahari

Profile:
February 14th. Ran from work to see my wife for lunch and handover som chocolatehearts. 4k back and forth. Went to the gym before work. The Army made me enjoy early morning workouts. Did 30 pullups, lunges,dumbell power cleans and some other shoulder exercizes.

(Message edited by swedishmoose on February 15, 2007)
Old 02-16-2007, 12:50 AM   #8
Erik Kahari

Profile:
Time for 13k run with backpack yesterday. 1h 14min. Conditions 10cm snow and ice on the ground. Temperature -1 C. Great run through old (17th-19th century) military training grounds with fields and rolling hills with some wooded areas. Trailblazing´s fun! It´s already friday in Sweden when this is written...

(Message edited by swedishmoose on February 15, 2007)
Old 02-16-2007, 05:53 AM   #9
Erik Kahari

Profile:
It´s 14k not 13k..I measured it on a map today. It means 1h 14 min not so bad afterall.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:14 AM   #10
Erik Kahari

Profile:
I´ll try one of the wod´s today. Due to the nature of my work I have a hard time following the wod´s every day. But I guess it doesn´t really matter when you do them it´s more important that you do them at all. I´m gonna have a go at my first handstand push-ups. Against a wall of course... and some thrusters and pull-ups perhaps one or two bar muscle-ups..that is if I can do one.