CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #31
Wayne Riddle

Profile:
Re: My Encounter With Dynamax. A MUST READ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Britt Freund View Post
Jim's basic argument is that med ball training is for light, dynamic, fast movements. He says that no one, not even the strongest football lineman, needs a med ball heavier than 12 lbs.
So he makes one over 12 lbs because?
Old 10-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #32
Tyler Hass

Profile:

Yeah, I'm not wild about the depth checker either. I don't know about everyone else, but I was born with built-in depth checkers, also called calves...
Old 10-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #33
Matt Haxmeier

Profile:

When I first started I used a ball as a depth check. I was so inflexible that I squatted until I couldn't anymore. I assumed it was parallel but it wasn't. But after using it a few times and working on flexibility I'm now able to squat for reals.

So I do see some use for them as such. But yeah, I don't think it should be used after you get the hang of squatting, then the bounce lets you cheat a bit.

p.s. Tyler I love that 100 ring pushup workout. My core and upper body is smoked after that every time.

Last edited by Matt Haxmeier; 10-14-2009 at 06:20 PM..
Old 10-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #34
Donald Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haxmeier View Post
When I first started I used a ball as a depth check. I was so inflexible that I squatted until I couldn't anymore. I assumed it was parallel but it wasn't. But after using it a few times and working on flexibility I'm now able to squat for reals.

So I do see some use for them as such. But yeah, I don't think it should be used after you get the hang of squatting, then the bounce lets you cheat a bit.

p.s. Tyler I love that 100 ring pushup workout. My core and upper body is smoked after that every time.
Use a box.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:07 PM   #35
Damon Stewart

Profile:

So is this a hoax or not? I recently bought over 2K in Dynamax balls for my box and could have went to a cheaper but equal quality knockoff (Rage Fitness' balls). My thoughts were since Cawley developed the ball I wanted to support him and his product. Has anybody called him directly?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #36
Frank E Morel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Stewart View Post
So is this a hoax or not? I recently bought over 2K in Dynamax balls for my box and could have went to a cheaper but equal quality knockoff (Rage Fitness' balls). My thoughts were since Cawley developed the ball I wanted to support him and his product. Has anybody called him directly?
well... i think you had a different experience as your giving him 2k worth of biz.. what salesman worth his salt is going to let a deal like that walk. Now, one ball.. to him... its worth his rant. But surely he understands how one person, their mouth and the internet can damage a reputation easily.. but a biz reputation can be annihilated in a couple of hours.

I think there is something more to the story
Old 10-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #37
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Monk View Post
Because not everyone is pro.
What does being a pro have to do with it? Go as deep as you can every time. No need for anything to validate that you're going deep enough. Its not like having a dynamax ball under your *** magically adds to your flexibility and allows you to go deeper.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #38
Jim Denofa

Profile:

I seriously doubt that Dynamax would be nearly as succesful as they are right now if it wasn't for CrossFit. Kind of funny that they can essentially turn their backs on a community that is responsible for such a large portion of their success. I was going to order balls from them directly and they would only offer me a multi ball discount on the 10lb and under balls, they said they did not want to promote the use of the heavier balls so they would have to charge me full price. If they want people to stop using their 20 lb balls they should stop making them. I think they should stop complaining about how dangerous their own products are, it is kind of ridiculous.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #39
Ian Kovtunovich

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Stewart View Post
I actually e-mailed them after reading the original post, as it looked like it might've been a smear job (no offense to the OP, but it seemed like the kind of thing where a company should know if something like that was said about them unfairly). No reply from Dynamax, and judging by the other stuff this guy has said about CF, and his jealous guarding of his precious, um, balls, it's probably the real deal.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:36 AM   #40
Aaron Cawley

Profile:

as i stated in an earlier post, i believe this is a fabrication. in any event, i will be working out with him on sunday and will ask about it. and dynamax was already a very sucessful company before crossfit came along. that is why his balls were used, and then later duplicated. they are in most colleges as well as used by the nfl,mlb,nba and other professional sport organizations.