CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 12-01-2009, 11:06 PM   #11
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:
Re: Paying for Paleo in College

My school wouldn't allow a crock pot or foreman grill in the dorms. I didn't live in the dorms, but I knew this to be the rule. But they allowed microwaves, but nuked meat is gross.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:46 AM   #12
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
My school wouldn't allow a crock pot or foreman grill in the dorms. I didn't live in the dorms, but I knew this to be the rule. But they allowed microwaves, but nuked meat is gross.
aren't you of the "what they don't know won't hurt" school of?
Old 12-02-2009, 08:26 AM   #13
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Lee View Post
Exactly. Just keep whatever forbidden appliances you have out of site and you're good. My freshman year, some friends in the quad next to me had two foreman grills and never got caught. It helpd that our RA was cool, he didn't care if we had them, so long as we didn't set the place on fire

+1 for a crockpot, it's one of the best investments you can make to cook food in bulk with ease.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #14
Lawrence "Bo" Boland III

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bernard View Post
Exactly. Just keep whatever forbidden appliances you have out of site and you're good. My freshman year, some friends in the quad next to me had two foreman grills and never got caught. It helpd that our RA was cool, he didn't care if we had them, so long as we didn't set the place on fire

+1 for a crockpot, it's one of the best investments you can make to cook food in bulk with ease.
We snuck an entire keg of beer, and appox 40lbs of ice to keep that bad boy cold for an entire weekend... no issues. I think small appliances will be fine as long as your roommate isnt a NARC.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #15
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence "Bo" Boland III View Post
We snuck an entire keg of beer, and appox 40lbs of ice to keep that bad boy cold for an entire weekend... no issues. I think small appliances will be fine as long as your roommate isnt a NARC.
Wow, that is impressive, well done.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #16
John Casey

Profile:

I was an RA for 3 years in freshman residence halls. Pets were a strict no no, but I'm an animal lover. My last year as an RA I stopped by one room to borrow a hat from the guy who lived there. In the middle of his floor was a cage with a rabbit in it sitting on top of a cage with a hedgehog in it. I played with the rabbit and hedgehog for an hour before remembering I came to borrow a hat. On my way out of his room I noticed a cat under his bed eating out of a tuna can. They had the animals for over a month before a high school student on a campus tour saw the cat in the window from the quad and told on them. Stupid high school students.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #17
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Casey View Post
I was an RA for 3 years in freshman residence halls. Pets were a strict no no, but I'm an animal lover. My last year as an RA I stopped by one room to borrow a hat from the guy who lived there. In the middle of his floor was a cage with a rabbit in it sitting on top of a cage with a hedgehog in it. I played with the rabbit and hedgehog for an hour before remembering I came to borrow a hat. On my way out of his room I noticed a cat under his bed eating out of a tuna can. They had the animals for over a month before a high school student on a campus tour saw the cat in the window from the quad and told on them. Stupid high school students.
That must have been a big room because the ones here for freshman and sophomores are pretty small.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #18
John Casey

Profile:

Yeah, they were pretty decent. Around 15x15, if I remember correctly.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Lee View Post
Not always. But if he can do it then more power to him. I didn't eat healthy in college anyway so it would've been a moot point for me in college since I would've been down at Taco Mayo or Wendy's for dinner every night. Good thing I didn't live in the dorms actually...
Old 12-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #20
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
Not always.
Uh...So committing and admitting to fraud is okay, but sneaking around a dorm's appliance policy isn't?

You should write a book, O'Dell.