CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 01-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #1
Jon Gilson

Profile:
Hey guys!

Sam and I spent last weekend at a USA Track and Field Certification at the University of Rhode Island. We were fortunate to learn the rudiments of track and field from Coach Dave Kerin of Middlebury College, Coach Dan Laufer of the University of Virginia, and Coach Steve Shutt of Gettysburg College.

I attended because I wanted to be better at coaching the sprints, and I had no conception of proper sprint mechanics.

We learned a ton about everything from training theory to biomechanics to the proper execution of the triple jump.

I just posted an article about the basics of proper sprint mechanics and the specifics of speed, all using information I picked up at URI. If you have a moment, check it out.

http://againfaster.blogspot.com/2007/01/principles-of-speed-athletes-mission.htm l

Also, I wrote about the main takeaways I got from the USATF Cert. They're here:

http://againfaster.blogspot.com/2007/01/principles-of-success-this-weekend-i.htm l

If you get the chance, I highly recommend this certification. Our own Karl Geissler is very involved with USATF, and even teaches at their Level I programs! At only $125 plus the price of an annual membership ($29.95), the Cert was an absolute steal.

Best,

Jon