CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
daniel seals

Profile:
ok so here the thing am 13 stone now and about 5'10 in height i have been on zone for 3 weeks just got all my books today as it happens but i cant help cheatin on a day at weekend its either going out with my mates as am only 23 years old aww having a pizza i need help on how to stop this cheat and to find if it major effects my zone for rest of week.
Also i do cage fighting but i need to know what to at after training to ie a drink or a snack to help me repair after training any help will be amazing
Old 08-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
David Wood

Profile:

Sorry, Daniel. Self-denial's a (rhymes with "witch" (boy, this software is strict!)). The payoff is there, though.

You may have to develop new friends, and new ways of spending time with them.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
Eric Lester

Profile:
Maybe you can talk to your friends about your training and diet and get them to encourage you. I'm sure they want to see you succeed in cage fighting. If you tell them you want their help in staying strict on your diet then they may hand you a salad the next time you reach for a slice!
Old 08-12-2007, 09:00 AM   #4
Scott Parker

Profile:
if you want it bad enough you will do it. suck it up or don't! simple!
Old 08-12-2007, 09:39 AM   #5
George Mounce

Profile:
Realize nutrition is the base for everything else. If you starting thinking about food as a fuel, rather then a pleasure, you'll see there is a big difference.

After training, eat a Zone meal. I would suggest a quick digesting protein (like whey) with some fruit and a good fat like olive oil or flax meal.

It all comes down to either wanting it or not, and it takes discipline.

Plus - stop caring about weight. It is GRAVITY. Weight can stay the same but your body can change. Body composition is what is important. So stay the heck away from a scale for a few weeks, stay focused on your eating habits (make a food diary. The big differences in weight can take months (I lost 28 pounds in 7 months, thats only 1 pound a week), 3 weeks is a just a drop of water in the bucket.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:49 AM   #6
Craig Brown

Profile:
Daniel-

It helps to realize that many people will (and not always consciously) try to keep you at their level- they don't want to see you improve. Obviously there are all sorts of reasons for this, but these aren't relevant to you.

I would recommend staying out of your social scene for a couple of weeks, while keeping dead-on to what you are going to do. Then you need to go back into your scene with full knowledge of what you are going to be asking of your willpower. You either do your will or you don't.

I work in an office of 150 people, at least half overweight, cookies, cakes, sodas for free...but it is no issue, as I knew it was coming, what will be offered, and what my response will be. It's kind of like going to a bar with my friends when I don't drink. I know that I will be offered a drink, but I know I won't take it. It's not in my fight plan.

Practically, go out with your friends full. Bring a bag of almonds with you. In the end, you are a fighter, and you wouldn't tap unless you absolutely had to- either to keep from getting choked out or to save a joint, right? That pizza is you tapping.

Craig
Old 08-12-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
daniel seals

Profile:
cheers peeps this is what i needed a good tellin off isnt they a site where i can log all my eattin on to it
Old 08-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
Christine Reinhart

Profile:
Hey Daniel,

Glad to see you're trying to hang in there with the Zone. As you have no doubt realized, it can be a challenge. But, it does get easier and it's totally worth the effort. As for keeping a food log, I have found FitDay to be a good tool for keeping track of my diet, calories, macronutrient breakdowns, etc. Plus, it's pretty straight forward to use. Be strong, and stick with it!

Christine

www.fitday.com (w/f safe)
Old 08-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #9
Kevin McKay

Profile:
Here is a little paleo zone summery I put together
wfs http://www.simplefit.org/nutrition.html
Old 08-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #10
daniel seals

Profile:
well my bro and my mum are starting it on monday so bit of support lol the thing is i can feel the benifits from i start the diet at 13.6 and am at 13 now so all is well just these dam weekends