CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
Tyler Justin Jaworowski

Profile:
TJJ's WOD XFIT LOG

A little bit about myself to start. My name is Tyler Justin Jaworowski. I am 20, turning 21 in five days. I was an overweight football player heading into college. After being displeased with my playing time, i decided to get serious about training, and nutrition. I figured bettering my body would truly set me apart from the rest. Football didnt pan out and i became addicted to the gym. I searched for a avenue to put this new found love and focus into. I began bodybuilding. I competed in five shows, placing in all five, i also have a show, my last for now anyway, on the 30th of June. Weight lifting for me became a little stale. Id been using the 4-5 split, lifting heavy and hard for almost 3 years. I am also guilty of being one of those idiots who thought xfitters were weak or inferior to bodybuilders. Then one day i seen the xfit games on tv. I started following khalipa, and holmberg. After my first xfit session i was hooked. So here it is my xfit log. Purely for comparison and progression purposes. I also want to add that this log only tracks my wod's and other related xfit style workouts. In addition to these i also do heavy weight training and outdoor running.

MICHAEL:
3 Rounds:
-800m run
-50 back ext.
-50 situps
FINISHING TIME:25.06 mins

CINDY:
AMRAP:
-5 Pullups
-10 pushups
-15 prison squats
FINISHING TOTAL: 17rounds
Old 06-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
Tyler Justin Jaworowski

Profile:
Re: TJJ's WOD XFIT LOG

Todays WOD, epic failure. I am new to xfit and also new to oly lifts. I have a really hard time with wrist flexibility on my clean, its almost like i cant even get the bar to rest on my chest, ****ed me off anyway i gave this wod my best go.

WOD 6.11.2012
-5 15ft rope ascension
-5 c&J 145#
-4 15ft rope ascension
-4 c&j 165#
-3 15ft rope ascension
-3 c&j 185#
-2 15ft rope ascension

TOTAL TIME: 18.16 mins
*i subbed rope climb for 1,2 count of towel pullup

After that last set of towel pullups i just could not clean the bar at 205, i gave it three attempts but just coulndt get it ****ed me off. If anyone reading this can give me a few tips on how to really develop wrist flexibility that would be a great help.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
Tyler Justin Jaworowski

Profile:

took a complete off day yesterday, no running no xfit no lifting, something i havent done in a long time, and i looked and felt better today. ANyway After my chest and tris workout i did a post workout annie. This was my first annie and am still getting my double unders down. I get like 6-7 in a row and mess up. anyway

PWO ANNIE:
50-40-30-20-10
Double Unders & Situps for time
TOTAL TIME: 13.07 mins
Old 06-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Justin Jaworowski View Post
Todays WOD, epic failure. I am new to xfit and also new to oly lifts. I have a really hard time with wrist flexibility on my clean, its almost like i cant even get the bar to rest on my chest, ****ed me off anyway i gave this wod my best go.

WOD 6.11.2012
-5 15ft rope ascension
-5 c&J 145#
-4 15ft rope ascension
-4 c&j 165#
-3 15ft rope ascension
-3 c&j 185#
-2 15ft rope ascension

TOTAL TIME: 18.16 mins
*i subbed rope climb for 1,2 count of towel pullup

After that last set of towel pullups i just could not clean the bar at 205, i gave it three attempts but just coulndt get it ****ed me off. If anyone reading this can give me a few tips on how to really develop wrist flexibility that would be a great help.

http://www.mobilitywod.com/ WFS

Great site for mobility and stretching. If you continue doing CF, especially Oly lifting you'll need it. Foam rollers, bands and lacrosse balls will become your friend. If you just type in "wrist" into the search box you'll get a bunch of stuff so check that out.

Also if you're new to Oly lifting and are having problems with the front rack odds are it's probably not just your wrists. If you can bend your hand back to form a 90 degree angle from your forearm then you should have enough wrist flexibilty. For most people (including myself when I started) the problem with the front rack starts with tight shoulders, triceps, lats and back.

http://www.allthingsgym.com/category...rack-position/ WFS

Or you can just type in "front rack" on the mobilitywod website. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #5
Tyler Justin Jaworowski

Profile:

thanks alot dustin im gonna check them out