CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
Chris Decker

Profile:
Issue With A Supplier

I have a question for anyone who has ordered a large order from a supplier and had an issue with a piece of equipment. I ordered bars, plates and dumbbells from a supplier and had everything come correct except the one Olympic lifting bar. It came with defective collars making it unusable. I contacted the supplier who said he would contact the manufacturer and get another bar sent out after the freight company picked up the defective bar. After a month of no pick up I contacted the supplier again about the bar and he said the manufacturer (it is a small operation that makes just a couple kinds of bars out of Kansas) “dropped the ball” and is not helping him out. They either refused a new bar or shut down. I never got the full story. The supplier said he would get me another better bar at his cost when he got a new manufacturer lined up. Needless to say it has now been 8 months and no bar. Every time I have called it has been another excuse but he always says it is being sent out within the week. The last time I called it was supposedly at the freight company boxed and ready to ship. That was 2 months ago. Since it was an order with multiple purchases and so long ago can I still go to my credit card company for a refund or am I out of luck?
Any Advice would be appreciated
Old 07-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
Jon Gilson

Profile:
Re: Issue With A Supplier

Chris,

Your actions are commendable, and your patience a virtue. Most don't have the wisdom to seek advice without defaming the guilty parties by name.

Were I you, I would request the following of the supplier: please send another barbell, with tracking information, today. If this isn't possible, please send me a full refund, so I may order the barbell elsewhere.

If the supplier has any integrity whatsoever, he'll fill one of the two requests. If he doesn't, name names. If they've done it to you, they'll do it to someone else, and our Community shouldn't suffer this crap lightly.

Best,

Jon
Old 07-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Chris Decker

Profile:
Re: Issue With A Supplier

Jon,
Thanks for the adivice. This is the email I sent and I will let everyone know how it turns out. The supplier has been very good about everything except this one issue which has gotten almost comical. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but I am coming to the conclussion that he wants me to just go away and has told me what whatever it would take to get me off the phone.

Regarding the issues I had with the XXXXXXX bar that came with the wrong collars and your issues in getting the manufacturer to replace the bar I wanted to inquire in the options we have in getting me a replacement of some kind. It has now been since November of last year and our facility is need of the Olympic bar. Can you just refund the $295 for that bar or we can put that $295 towards another bar and I will pay the difference. I think we can come together on an option that works for both of us. I have no problem sending back the defective bar if you send the shipping invoice.

Thank You
Chris Decker