CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
Anna Meadors

Profile:
Recipes that look really good and mostly paleo

Here are some recipes I want to try. Two of my (many) goals this summer are to become really awesome at cooking and to have a paleo/primal diet for most of the time. My exceptions will be cheese, milk very occasionally and dark chocolate. But I found some recipes that look awesome. Here they are (all links are WFS):

Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta Sauce http://elise.com/recipes/archives/00...feta_sauce.php

Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage
http://elise.com/recipes/archives/00...ey_sausage.php

The only non-paleo things in both of those recipes are cheese, and it isn't very much. There are a bunch of recipes on this site that look awesome, and if you go to the low carb section, a lot look paleo-friendly.

I had a question about this one for fruit leather,
If you didn't add sugar, would this be paleo? Because if it is (without added sugar), it seems like it would be a nice paleo-friendly treat.

I am so excited about learning new recipes! My diet is pretty good already, but I am going to make it even better starting this Monday (no more cafeteria food ever again! Yay!)
Old 05-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
Jay Cohen

Profile:
Re: Recipes that look really good and mostly paleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Meadors View Post
Here are some recipes I want to try. Two of my (many) goals this summer are to become really awesome at cooking and to have a paleo/primal diet for most of the time. My exceptions will be cheese, milk very occasionally and dark chocolate. But I found some recipes that look awesome. Here they are (all links are WFS):

Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta Sauce http://elise.com/recipes/archives/00...feta_sauce.php

Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage
http://elise.com/recipes/archives/00...ey_sausage.php

The only non-paleo things in both of those recipes are cheese, and it isn't very much. There are a bunch of recipes on this site that look awesome, and if you go to the low carb section, a lot look paleo-friendly.

I had a question about this one for fruit leather,
If you didn't add sugar, would this be paleo? Because if it is (without added sugar), it seems like it would be a nice paleo-friendly treat.

I am so excited about learning new recipes! My diet is pretty good already, but I am going to make it even better starting this Monday (no more cafeteria food ever again! Yay!)
Anna;

You're off to a good start. Jamming on the Sax and improving cooking skills rock. Just make sure you work a healthy dose of meat, squats and deadlifts into your daily diet. Bacon is considered a spice, appetizer, side dish, main dish or a dessert, please keep that in mind.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
Anna Meadors

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cohen View Post
Anna;

You're off to a good start. Jamming on the Sax and improving cooking skills rock. Just make sure you work a healthy dose of meat, squats and deadlifts into your daily diet. Bacon is considered a spice, appetizer, side dish, main dish or a dessert, please keep that in mind.
Thanks so much! Saxophone, meat, heavy lifting are definitely in my daily routine. And I will definitely keep what you said about bacon in mind... mmmmmmmm bacon.

Speaking of bacon... bacon wrapped in chicken, I think it would work if you took out the flour? (WFS)
http://elise.com/recipes/archives/00...n_roulades.php
Old 05-09-2009, 05:01 AM   #4
Jay Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Meadors View Post
Thanks so much! Saxophone, meat, heavy lifting are definitely in my daily routine. And I will definitely keep what you said about bacon in mind... mmmmmmmm bacon.

Speaking of bacon... bacon wrapped in chicken, I think it would work if you took out the flour? (WFS)
http://elise.com/recipes/archives/00...n_roulades.php
That's a fine looking dish, though it would be classed as an Appetizer, with larger quanities of meat for the Entree.

Have a great Saturday. If you're playing tonight, have a good gig.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
Denny Boehmer

Profile:

"Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage" that sounds really good.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #6
Tom Gerhard

Profile:

The site referenced has both low-carb and wheat-free sections, all of which are paleo or can be modified to fit.

I made the broccoli beef (wfs) tonight. It's a keeper!! (I'm doubling it next time.)
Old 05-12-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
Anna Meadors

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Gerhard View Post
The site referenced has both low-carb and wheat-free sections, all of which are paleo or can be modified to fit.
Totally, I love this site! I tried the shrimp in tomato and feta sauce two nights ago and it was delicious!

Denny, I cannot wait to try the stuffed zucchini, I'll let you know how that goes

And I recently found this stuffed pepper recipe on Son of Grok (WFS)
http://www.sonofgrok.com/2009/02/rec...uffed-peppers/

Using grated cauliflower as rice is pure genius! I can't wait to try that too.