CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 12-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
Tish Traster

Profile:
What did you get for Christmas?

16 gig iPod Touch, Cedar Sink / Cabinet for back patio (put next to my Big Green Egg), Betsy Johnson Handbag, my Marine son home for Christmas

What about you guys? Get those Vibram Five Fingers?
Old 12-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
David Schneider

Profile:
Re: What did you get for Christmas?

A CF shirt, an Operation Phoenix shirt, 40lb. weighted vest, a set of 15# Bumpers from Rogue Fitness (thanks again Team Rogue).

That's it for CF/fitness related...
Old 12-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #3
Gavin Steel

Profile:

Got a pair of VFF's....finally!!!! A log card and USB reader for my C2 and I've apparently got a 24kg kettlebell on order, wasn't in stock in time for christmas......Rest of the stuff was PS3 games/blu ray's/DVD's etc. Treated myself to elite II's a week ago from www.strenghtpowerspeed.co.uk(wfs) ...ordered on wed arrived fri...best customer services I've ever experienced.

Really annoyed that the aluminium olympic training bar I ordered the wife from jordan freeweights won't be here till 15th Jan.....I only found out when I emailed to find out where it was as the delivery hadn't came....not amused!!!!!!

Best part of the day though was the look on my 5yr old sons face when santa had managed to get the exact toys he'd asked for.

Last edited by Gavin Steel : 12-25-2008 at 02:15 PM. Reason: forgot (wfs) on link....doh!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
Tish Traster

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Steel View Post
Best part of the day though was the look on my 5yr old sons face when santa had managed to get the exact toys he'd asked for.
Priceless! Did you leave cookies for Santa?
Old 12-25-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
Barry Cooper

Profile:

You know, I just buy myself what I want throughout the year, so Christmas is never too exciting, except for my kids. Kids make Christmas. They retain a sincere and naive delight that is infectious and very enjoyable to watch.

I can't remember ever believing in Santa, so I've always been a bit of a skeptic about that whole Santa thing. My thought was it taught kids that adults lie to them about things. If they'll lie about Santa, why not other, more important things? I figured it was one paving stone on the path towards adult cynicism.

So I wanted to tell them, but before taking such an important step, I figured I needed some outside opinions. Everybody I asked at work and elsewhere said to not be a Grinch, and let them have that magical time in their lives, so finally--contrary to my nature--I gave in.

I finally asked my oldest yesterday, who hasn't believed in Santa for a few years now, if she was glad we pretended he was real, and she nodded emphatically yes. It was worth it.

So at least in our household, Santa had positive value.

Take that two cents for what it's worth. Sorry if that is a threadjack. Personally, I haven't fully decided what Santa is bringing. I'm 90% sure he's going to give me the wonderful pleasure of doing the Bataan Death March at the end of March. I've been wanting it for Christmas for several years, but I think this year I'll actually pull it off. Getting there has been the problem.

I also got a bunch of cookies, but I probably shouldn't admit that here.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #6
Sara Fleming

Profile:

Barry,

I wanted to answer your thread hijack because I understand your question and think I have an answer.

Believing in Santa gives them the ability to have faith in the impossible. Children are very literal. They cannot grasp the conceptual abstracts that you and I ponder on a daily basis that make up the constructs of faith and logic. They live their lives balanced between real and make believe. When we allow them to believe in magic, what we are giving them is the faith, imagination, hope, and unconditional love that many of us associate with this holiday as adults.

It gives them faith in others, faith in themselves, and if they think that reindeer can fly, they will certainly believe they can clean and jerk 100 lbs or do a 5 minute Fran.

Merry Christmas!

I (I mean Santa) got my 4 year old son a pair of anti-gravity boots and he hasn't taken them off since 7 am.

Sara
Old 12-25-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
Robbie Cooper

Profile:

Lots of great gifts this year....but for my Crossfit garage gym got the following nice box from Santa (via from Rogue Fitness):

set of Rogue rings
pair of 10 lb rubber bumper plates
box of gym chalk
Old 12-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #8
Carter Jee

Profile:

i got what i wanted for christmas..... 20 1-on-1 training sessions paid for by my parents... which was cool...

a cool but not so cool thing... I got heaps of nice dress shirts from relatives. downside was that they were in my old larger size (xxl).... guess I'll be joining the cues and lining up at the returns line next week!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #9
Jeff Yan

Profile:

Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles (DVD)
Old 12-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
Bruce Duco

Profile:

A pair of Chuck Taylors. A Citizen Skyhawk watch (my wife is so great) Dress shirts and ties for work. I'm hoping that my sister got me Starting Strength, but I wont know for another week.