CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 11-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
Brian Castillo

Profile:
I feel like I'm starting all over again

my latest postings were under the title "Fun at the Ol Fire House" about my struggles with my FD accepting CF. While that is still going on , a few other things are happeining that bring my to the [i]STARTING[i] thread.

1. with all of that happening at work, I am spending ALOT (reletively for profession) of energy on emails, memos, policy, justification to everyone

2. my beautilful and wonderful wife and perfect mother to our 2 boys started back to work after the necessary off time with our 9 week old. (I'm not looking for criticism or critique of our parenting)

2.5 this puts me back to full time dad in between shift days. (I have the luck of being at a relatively slow station, so I can continue with a good diet and plenty of rest) With 1 boy at home it was tough to develope a schedule but we did it and everything moved along great. Now, not so much.

3. a venture into affiliating has popped up so I'm evaluating if I can put in the time do that

my point is this; it feels like I'm having to steal, weasle, cram, create 1hr a day for me to get in the WOD or what I can do at home with KB, box, rings and bodyweight. Has this happened to any of you and how did it, has it turned out?
Old 11-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #2
Debra Bennett

Profile:
Re: I feel like I'm starting all over again

You can do it if you have HELP. See if someone, like a gym member wouldn't like to go in with you to help. It will be hard work but worth it.

Debra
Old 11-09-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:

One of our members brings his baby to the gym. There's always someone willing to walk the baby while his daddy works out. If you know another Crossfitter with a young child, maybe the two of you can work out a schedule where you bring your children to the gym, and one of you watches both while the other exercises and then you switch?

Can you afford a babysitter? Are there enough people at the gym to pool for childcare on a regular basis?

My kids are both in high school. Hard to believe now, but it goes fast.

Good luck working something out!

Susie
Old 11-09-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
Derek Maffett

Profile:

I do lots of stuff at home. Look on Craigslist, buy a barbell. You'd be surprised how much you can do with limited equipment.