CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 09-08-2006, 07:40 AM   #1
Michael Ledney

Profile:
Did 7x3 OHS last night before the WOD and finished with 2 x 231#. Shoulders gave out on the third and I had to pitch it. Weighed out at 235# after a 15 min metcon.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
Andy Shirley

Profile:
It is on.

On my last heavy OHS day I dropped 235 forward from the bottom. No bumpers, made a wonderful noise. Then I tried it again and got it. But I had nothing left to go for a PR.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:50 AM   #3
Michael Ledney

Profile:
I'll let you know. We're going back in tonight. I think I'm gonna stick to the 7x3 even though I know I'm supposed to mix it up.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:34 AM   #4
Michael Ledney

Profile:
241 overhead for 3 last night. Thinking about taking this over to competitions if anybody's interested. Maybe something like max reps @ 3/4 bodyweight.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:10 AM   #5
Andy Shirley

Profile:
I've been off the weight-wagon for a few weeks due to moving anfd whatnot. Now that I'm in Portland with access to CF portland and bumpers, I can resume my overhead lifting with enthusiasm.

The competition borders on being very similar to last years 15xBW OHS challenge. Less weight, but that just means more reps.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
Jerry Hill

Profile:
only two people hit that challenge - it was brutal - I hit a 225 ohs at 165lbs, couldn't close the gap on 165 x 15.

you might be better of with your singles, doubles and triples!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:47 AM   #7
Michael Ledney

Profile:
Right now I'm ready to start focusing on reps. I've gotten to the point where I'm really close to not being able to get the weight overhead. , my max push press is only 285, and that's with a clean grip.

Me, my son, and some of his football buddies did a max reps BW back squat comp a couple of years back, before I started with the CF, and it was most satisfying. I hit ~65 @ 225# and couldn't walk afterward, but I was squatting 515# or so back then. I'm down near 435# since I've diversified.

I think I'm gonna get 2 or 3 more OHS workouts in then put something out there if anybody's interested.

Like Andy my schedule is SNAFU until ~ mid Nov, but OHS is one thing I can motivate myself to get out the garage and do no matter how late I get home. Requires a lot less motivation than one of those 30 min chippers for sure.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:35 AM   #8
Andy Shirley

Profile:
I agree with the problem of getting the weight overhead. My heaviest PJ is 285. When I got the 245, I behind-the-neck snatch grip push pressed/jerked it.

I need my own weights. My current traveling job makes it difficult. Will an Oly bar fit in the trunk of my car? How bad would my gas mileage get hauling 300# of extra weight in my trunk?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #9
Michael Ledney

Profile:
I meant push jerk, not push press. I never actually do push press, even when they come up on the WOD I just do the jerk, that's why I confuse them.

Funny story per traveling with gear. My son had a football camp/recruiting visit @ Western KY University. I didn't want to miss my WODs so I took a bar, weights, rings, etc. Setup shop around the corner from the stadium and went at it. Ended up giving a CF clinic to about half the campus police force and 6 or 8 of the WKU football players. Nice guys, all.