CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 07-09-2007, 07:18 AM   #1
John Bedford

Profile:
This is my first day doing the CF WOD. As of now i consider myself in pretty good shape, i am a professional MMA fighter. I just wanted to know for some experienced CFers what a good score would be doing todays WOD. Im heading to the gym in about 45 mins and hope i get some input. I doubt my score is going to be that great since this is my first day training like this, but im soo EXCITED to kill myself haha. Ill let you all know how it goes.

Thanks,
Johnny Bedford
Old 07-09-2007, 09:06 AM   #2
John Bedford

Profile:
Ok im at the gym that im the head trainer at (LA Boxing) but anyways i really thought i was in pretty good shape. WOW how wrong i was, i did the sumo deadlift highpulls, withs scores of 15,16,16,14,13,12,12,11 and the squats with scores of 26,24,24,24,23,23,21,24. I also did a two minute break in between the two instead of the recommended 1 minute. But i had to quit i couldnt imagine trying to do one single pull up. And i had a client coming in about 30 minutes later to do some kickboxing training. I thought if i wanted to be able to do that i would have to quit. CrossFit is the greatest thing ever and now i have goals of being able to complete them. That was the hardest 5 minutes of training in my life. And yes that includes fighting in a cage for 5 minutes haha!!

(Message edited by johnnyb on July 09, 2007)
Old 07-09-2007, 12:21 PM   #3
Connie Morreale

Profile:
ahh...fresh meat!

your fighting is about to enter a whole new dimension!!!

welcome to the club.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #4
Connie Morreale

Profile:
also, john...if you want to compare scores check the comments section under the posted wod and also the message board titled workout logs. keep in mind some people make up thier own wod or follow the schedule one week behind.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
John Bedford

Profile:
fresh meat is correct, im really excited about getting into tip top shape. Im really excited about CF and im trying to find a training partner. Thanks for the encouragement Connie, ill let you know how im doing in a few weeks.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #6
Carlos Cristan

Profile:
I think it's really interesting that it challenged you so much. My opinion of Crossfit gets stronger and stronger every day. Im a novice grappler and have gotten all my training through the Army Combatives Program, but I competed in a grappling tournament last year and was happy to find that I held my own with my 3 weeks of army training against white and blue belts who attend BJJ clubs on a weekly basis. I've been hooked on competing ever since and I'm hooked on crossfit even more so than fighting. Im PCS'ng to Fort Hood in Jan. and am hoping to hook up with someone who will help me take up MMA training and of course people who I can crossfit with.