CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #81
Christy Labrie

Profile:
Re: Unsupportive Boyfriend Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica Horton View Post
Already fixed it. I don't go to Xfit, I "go to the gym." I don't train, I "go to the gym." Let the image be of cute girls on treadmills with legwarmers, not dead lifts and sweat angels.
You could also tell him you are going to go "do Fran, Helen or Cindy".
He might just join you
Old 12-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #82
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Look for some pics of Nicole Carroll and Jody Bainbridge, etc
Old 12-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #83
Mike ODonnell

Profile:

Quote:
Getting a new boyfriend is really not an option
Change that attitude and all your problems will work themselves out one way or another....
Old 12-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #84
Jonathan Arno

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike ODonnell View Post
Change that attitude and all your problems will work themselves out one way or another....
I have to agree, no one is holding a gun to your head. I understand that there are other things that are going on besides health and fitness in your life/relationship.

But this is a fundamental part of all our lives (now) and if someone, no matter how close to you, doesn't want to "get the picture" that this is something that will make you healthier and stronger as a person physically and emotionally; I think either they need to try to understand, drop it, or worst case scenario leave.

I think its just pretty ignorant for someone to just keep there ways when its something their partner truely enjoys and gets satisfaction out of, and is legal (if it were illegal this would be another story).

I skipped a page or two so forgive me if this is has been repeated many times.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #85
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Yeah she has already explained it and it's really not as bad as people are making it out to be from reading her posts.
The guy didn't understand what she was doing and now it appears he does and it's worked out.
Some of you are too trigger happy.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #86
Departed

Profile:

The real answer to this solution is When do you feel most beautiful? What makes YOU feel good about yourself. No one should be in a relationship where the person they are with tries to put down someone for doing what makes them happy, especially when it has no damaging effects to themselves.

Some people may say this is difficult for people in long term relationships, but I have always urged my girlfriend to do EVERYthing that makes her happy. Because in this world, we only live once, and in every way possible we should live those moments in every positive way possible, never sacrificing for anyone who asks you to sacrifice for their own selfish reasons.

Trust and passion. Not sacrifice and limitations, no matter how big or small the issue
Old 12-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #87
Deborah Hilton

Profile:

Two years ago when I asked for a gym membership my husband asked "why, you look fine". I swore to him I wouldnt waste his money if he bought it for me and I started. Two years later I have barely missed a day and now actually WORK at the gym where he got my membership and for his birthday last month I bought HIM a membership. I just started CF (today actually) and after hearing me explain it to him the best I could after having it explained to me for only a day, I think he's ok with it. I think he thinks Im going to quit after a week...I also think he thinks Im nuts and I somewhat think he thinks Im going to end up looking like a roid junky..but hopefully he knows better than all that. He still is constantly telling me every morning that I dont need to go into the gym two hours early before work, and that I look fine, but then he's also constantly commenting how great I look after dropping the 20 pounds and how nice my legs look after doing squats and lunges every week for the past two years.

Sometimes its hard for me when I know I really need to go back to the gym after work for my own workout, when I know there are things at home that need doing (yea, my house looks like it was cleaned by a three year old because..well..it was!)...and it doesnt make it any easier when he seems to think I'm being selfish going to the gym (ok, yea I am..but thats allowed isnt it?). At least now he is going with me. He may not be keeping up with me on my routine, but at least we are going together and he doesnt feel so left out. He can do alot more weight than I can (even after taking 7 years off of working out..bleh for testosterone!) but he cant keep going as long...
Old 12-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #88
Troy Becker

Profile:

Quote:
Getting a new boyfriend is really not an option.
Why not?

I'd call it a necessity- guys who want to control their girls in such a way, ESPECIALLY when they're stopping them from bettering themselves, are bad news through and through.

Is the hand you hold the hand that holds you down?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #89
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Becker View Post
Why not?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #90
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

"ESPECIALLY when they're stopping them from bettering themselves,"