CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #5711
Gordon Cooke
Member Gordon Cooke is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Saint John  NB Canada
Posts: 902
Re: A Soccer Mom's Log

Great work Christin!!!
__________________
M; 5'7"; 48 yo; 200lb. My Log: http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=49294
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #5712
Aaron Trent
Member Aaron Trent is offline
 
Aaron Trent's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Columbia  SC
Posts: 921
Re: A Soccer Mom's Log

No more rest day social Q & A?
__________________
Pedal Faster(wfs)
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #5713
Shana Alverson
Affiliate Shana Alverson is offline
 
Shana Alverson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Decatur  GA
Posts: 40
Re: A Soccer Mom's Log

Nice work on that Total! Lots of women would kill for a CFT over 500... you are one strong mama!
__________________
CrossFit East Decatur/My Training Blog
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #5714
Camille Lore
 
Profile:  
Posts: n/a
Re: A Soccer Mom's Log

Very nice CFT....
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #5715
Christin Street
Member Christin Street is offline
 
Christin Street's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta  Ga
Posts: 3,826
Re: A Soccer Mom's Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Trent View Post
No more rest day social Q & A?
Yeah, just one...for you..."Where the hell have you been, Aaron?" How's the cycling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana Alverson View Post
Nice work on that Total! Lots of women would kill for a CFT over 500... you are one strong mama!
Coming from you, that's a huge compliment! I'll take it. Actually I think it's the first time I broke 500. Thank you CrossFit East Decatur!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009
CFED Rest Day WOD
6 Rounds for Time of
400m Run
25 Burpees, jumping to a target 1 ft above max reach
Time=28:55

The 1' jump made this really suck. Did the first 3 rounds of burpees 10-5-5-5, then 5x5ish. Post WOD was the worst I've felt in over a year. Bad headache for some reason. Done.
__________________
My Workout Log Fifty doesn't have to be an f-word.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #5716
Aaron Trent
Member Aaron Trent is offline
 
Aaron Trent's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Columbia  SC
Posts: 921
Re: A Soccer Mom's Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
Yeah, just one...for you..."Where the hell have you been, Aaron?" How's the cycling?

I've been around. Around the country and not around the boards, and not in different beds either thank-you-very-much.

So I made a commitment to take my cycling to the next level this year.

I spent 2 months in San Diego this summer.

Went to Paralympic Track Nats in LA in July. I won one of the races and placed 2nd in the other. That qualified me for Para Track Worlds which will be in Manchester England this coming Nov.

I spent a few weeks at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, and I'm headed back in 2 weeks.

That's where I've been.

How are you?
__________________
Pedal Faster(wfs)
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #5717
Stephen R. Lampl
Member Stephen R. Lampl is offline
 
Stephen R. Lampl's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Twain Harte  CA
Posts: 4,965
Re: A Soccer Mom's Log

Okay.......Burpees are bad enough without adding a 1' jump above max reach to them. Nice work! Hope the headache and post-WOD malaise went away quickly!
__________________
Steve 5'10"/197/60 yrs. My Log Perseverance through adversity
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:51 AM   #5718
Steven Novick
Member Steven Novick is offline
 
Steven Novick's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: League City  TX
Posts: 840
Re: A Soccer Mom's Log

Way to go Christin, always strong!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:43 AM   #5719
Marianne Urbanski
Member Marianne Urbanski is offline
 
Marianne Urbanski's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Meriden  CT
Posts: 1,508
Re: A Soccer Mom's Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
All my WODs will be at CFED (unless Keith and I get together) so I'll stop putting "@CFED" for locale.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Jumping Grace
5 rds
6 C&J (95/135)
10 box jumps 20"
7:40 85#

Sunday, September 6, 2009
Rest Day

Monday, Septmeber, 7, 2009
CrossFit Total
Back Squat 175
Shoulder Press 85- damnit
Deadlift 250
Total = 510

Been off the Paleo wagon for 2 days. Nothing crazy but just not been strict enough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post

Tuesday, September 8, 2009
CFED Rest Day WOD
6 Rounds for Time of
400m Run
25 Burpees, jumping to a target 1 ft above max reach
Time=28:55

The 1' jump made this really suck. Did the first 3 rounds of burpees 10-5-5-5, then 5x5ish. Post WOD was the worst I've felt in over a year. Bad headache for some reason. Done.
OMG, Christin!! You are an animal!!! Total over 500!! I only can dream of that!! and the burpee running one... well.. I did it over the weekend, but didn't have the 1' rule and I only got through 4 rounds before I quit at 21:24!!! You are AMAZING!! MY IDOL!! thanks for continuing to keep the bar high for us "older folks"!! I can't use my age for an excuse with you on these boards!!

How are you doing on Paleo. I was bad, bad over the weekend.. wine and sailing go sooooo well together (yea, I know.. you can have wine on Paleo, but not 4 glasses!!)
__________________
my book (wfs)5'/51y/120lb
log
, L1,gym,row, oly cert
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #5720
Christin Street
Member Christin Street is offline
 
Christin Street's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta  Ga
Posts: 3,826
Re: A Soccer Mom's Log

Thanks Steve N and Steve L!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Trent View Post
I've been around. Around the country and not around the boards, and not in different beds either thank-you-very-much.

So I made a commitment to take my cycling to the next level this year.

I spent 2 months in San Diego this summer.

Went to Paralympic Track Nats in LA in July. I won one of the races and placed 2nd in the other. That qualified me for Para Track Worlds which will be in Manchester England this coming Nov.

I spent a few weeks at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, and I'm headed back in 2 weeks.

That's where I've been.

How are you?
Aaron- It's so good to hear from you. Last I heard from you, you were heading to OTC and looks like it paid off. Good luck in Nov. Keep me posted.
As for me, I've been diving even deeper into CrossFit over the past year by finally joining an affiliate in February/March and working with the two best CF coaches in the Dirty South, Shana Alverson and Tommy Conroy. Got my L1 Cert, Barbell Cert and Nutrition Cert. I'm starting to coach part-time. My kids keep me on my toes with all their activities. Life is pretty damn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Urbanski View Post
How are you doing on Paleo. I was bad, bad over the weekend.. wine and sailing go sooooo well together (yea, I know.. you can have wine on Paleo, but not 4 glasses!!)
Marianne- I too fell off the wagon over the Labor Day Weekend. Yes, lots of wine and other crap. But, hey, it's a new day!

-------
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Four rounds for time of:
100 ft Walking lunge, carrying 30#M, 20#W

24 inch Box Jump, 30 reps
30 pound Weighted pull-ups, 20 reps


Time=27:24 20, 20#DBs, and 10# weighted PUs.
__________________
My Workout Log Fifty doesn't have to be an f-word.

Last edited by Christin Street : 09-09-2009 at 10:37 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mom's Advice: Words to Eat By Daniel Mick Nutrition 11 01-10-2009 12:50 PM
Chad's Mom's First Log Chad Skola Workout Logs 3 04-17-2008 04:24 AM
Soccer conditioning Ryan Sears Fitness 4 04-04-2007 11:03 PM
How to interpret mom's blood sugar tests Neal Winkler Nutrition 2 08-19-2006 03:42 PM
Marine Corps Mom's Tribute To Her Son Frank DiMeo Community 3 06-02-2006 04:08 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.