CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-26-2014, 01:01 PM   #21
Brian Sadowski

Profile:
Re: Carbs to include simple carb

Chris,

I generally go lo carb in the AM, and get by on caffeine, fat and protein. At or around noon, its some source of protein usually chicken sometimes beef, greens and a cup of rice or a sweet potato. around 430 I go with a piece of fruit and some nuts or maybe an apple and some peanut butter. I work out at 6 done no later then 730 at which point I consume your Results and then head home to another piece of beef or chicken and most likely rice because its easy with veggies or some sort usually broccoli. On a side note was busy at work one day last week and had to skip meals went to work out and it was a disaster. Struggled to pull 85% of of DL max for 3 WOD was a disaster but fought through it.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:01 AM   #22
Chris Jones

Profile:

Ive found what works best for me is to eat meat, veggies and coconut oil at breakfast. Lunch is about the same proportions minus the oil, have a piece of fruit and almond butter about 2 hours later and hit the workout about 2 hours after that. The post workout meal will include my carbs for the day, along with a tad more protein to finish my macros. However, since its fairly low carb i do have a refeed day every 3-4 days where i pig out on some (healthy) carbs.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:15 PM   #23
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Sadowski View Post
Chris,

I generally go lo carb in the AM, and get by on caffeine, fat and protein. At or around noon, its some source of protein usually chicken sometimes beef, greens and a cup of rice or a sweet potato. around 430 I go with a piece of fruit and some nuts or maybe an apple and some peanut butter. I work out at 6 done no later then 730 at which point I consume your Results and then head home to another piece of beef or chicken and most likely rice because its easy with veggies or some sort usually broccoli. On a side note was busy at work one day last week and had to skip meals went to work out and it was a disaster. Struggled to pull 85% of of DL max for 3 WOD was a disaster but fought through it.
What is your #1 training goal?
Old 08-27-2014, 07:26 PM   #24
Brian Sadowski

Profile:

Chris, trying to lean out currently and I am have solid success while maintaining and and increasing strength. I work off of the 5/3/1 as does everyone at my box. I am currently 233 and ideally should be 215-220. Also focussing on form particularly for high bar squats. Shoot me a message if you have more questions or tips.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #25
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Sadowski View Post
Chris, trying to lean out currently and I am have solid success while maintaining and and increasing strength. I work off of the 5/3/1 as does everyone at my box. I am currently 233 and ideally should be 215-220. Also focussing on form particularly for high bar squats. Shoot me a message if you have more questions or tips.
Ok, and your plan suits that goal well.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #26
Nick St Pierre

Profile:

I usually go with eggs,oats and protein shake in morning, chicken and lots of veggies for lunch, fruit pre workout, meat + rice or sweet potato + veggies for dinner and then nut butters and protein later in the evening.