CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-13-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
Matt Messier

Profile:
Travelling Competition Meals

Looking for some advice. I am travelling back to Oregon (from there) from Minnesota to compete in a 2 day comp. I will be renting a house with some fellow competitors so I have a way to cook but am curious as to what you guys and gals might suggest for easy snacks/nutrition during the day. I am looking for good fuels between WOD's. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:33 AM   #2
Joey Shishineh

Profile:
Re: Travelling Competition Meals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Messier View Post
Looking for some advice. I am travelling back to Oregon (from there) from Minnesota to compete in a 2 day comp. I will be renting a house with some fellow competitors so I have a way to cook but am curious as to what you guys and gals might suggest for easy snacks/nutrition during the day. I am looking for good fuels between WOD's. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
stick with what you know. Personally, I like lots of shakes, almonds, bananas, and dried fruit. If you have a lot of time between workouts, maybe something a bit heavier - a macro dense meal you feel comfortable with.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
Matthew Swartz

Profile:

Depending on how far apart the workouts are, I eat close to nothing between. Gatorade or shake usually. If I can stomach food, tuna, lara bar, those fruit packet baby food squirt things. Just make sure you hammer food at the end of the first day.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:28 AM   #4
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

I usually stop at Whole Foods and grab some grilled chicken and sweet potatoes. I'm usually not that hungry at all between but I force myself to eat a little of each. Maybe a shake or protein bar here and there and I keep some trail mix around too.

I just make sure I have a big breakfast before hand. 4 or 5 eggs, meat, sweet potatoes, banana, maybe a smoothie and some coffee.