CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 11-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
Mac Oneill

Profile:
Catalyst Athletics?

Not trying to step on any toes here or anything...but I cant post on the catalyst forum for some reason

I'm planning to focus on some oly work for a few cycles and plan on following Catalyst Athletics for a short period of time.

I plan on retesting my maxes this next week for a more accurate numbers for the percentage work. My lifts are down in comparison to a few months ago and I dont want to over estimate and stall out early.

My question is has anyone followed Catalyst and if so what lifts should I make sure I test next week? Snatch, C&J, FS, HBBS, Power SN and CLN, OHS?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:53 AM   #2
Mike Kelley

Profile:
Re: Catalyst Athletics?

Depending on the cycle, it may also be helpful to know max for

Push press, snatch grip push press, and muscle snatch
Old 11-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Andrew Bell

Profile:

I would test the following each on a different day so that you can know your true numbers for each and not fatigued numbers from already maxing out on something.
Snatch
Clean and Jerk
Front Squat
Bench Press
CF Total

Don't limit yourself to only 3 attempts to establish a max either (except for the CF Total).

CA is a good gym and knows what they are doing. They have several different programs posted on their site, which will you be following?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
Mac Oneill

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelley View Post
Depending on the cycle, it may also be helpful to know max for

Push press, snatch grip push press, and muscle snatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
I would test the following each on a different day so that you can know your true numbers for each and not fatigued numbers from already maxing out on something.
Snatch
Clean and Jerk
Front Squat
Bench Press
CF Total

Don't limit yourself to only 3 attempts to establish a max either (except for the CF Total).

CA is a good gym and knows what they are doing. They have several different programs posted on their site, which will you be following?
Thanks for the input fellas. I wasn't going to pick a specific program that they have out of the drop down menu. Looks like they are on week 10 of 12 for their current cycle. I plan on using the next week or two to establish some maxes and work on some drills and weaknesses. After that I'll just hop in on the next cycle they have and follow the daily workout.

As far as the conditioning work they do I'll probably modify some movements slightly here and there. By that I mean subbing in gymnastics movements like HSPUs for Push Press, Ring Push Ups for Push Ups, and the like on occasion. I'll just be sure I maintain the time domain and stimulus intended for the metcon so it doesn't interfere with the meat of the cycle.