CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 09-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Sheldon Kreger

Profile:
Moving to Portland - Choosing a Box or Trainer

Hi all,

I'm moving to Portland in early November and need help choosing a box. My goals are entirely strength oriented right now, but would also like help with all technical motions - especially Olympic lifts.

For a bit of background, I'm a 22 yr old male, 150 lbs, CF'ing since November 2010. I was scaling back mainpage CF at very light weights for about six months. I had no problem doing the workouts other than having slow times and having to scale back on weight and sometimes assisting pull ups and dips.

So, I decided to switch to Crossfit Football in July. It was a great decision and I'm hitting PR's every time I'm instructed. I am very hesitant to switching programs, but am open minded if I can find the right coach.

I really need a coach who can evaluate my level of fitness and help me set appropriate goals. I enjoy over-thinking things and need a coach who is very smart and probably obsessive. I am serious about training and would love to compete in the games in the next few years. My priorities are:

1. Strength
2. Olympic lifting technique
3. Gymnastics
4. Mobility

My primary strengths are:

1. Flexibility
2. Endurance
3. Focus and mindset

If you are a coach or know of anybody in Portland who I ought to talk to, please let me know on this thread or in a private message.

-sheldon
Old 09-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
Sheldon Kreger

Profile:
Re: Moving to Portland - Choosing a Box or Trainer

It looks like I'm going to be working with Nicholas Horton at PDX Weightlifting. He's encouraging me to continue the CFFB training in his gym and do focused Olympic weightlifting work with his help. I'm really excited!!!

-sheldon