CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #11
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:
Re: You, too, canít have a body like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Garcia View Post
I hear you dude. And I've heard and know of women (mostly YOUNG, really) see a hairy chest and say it's gross, and commenting on how they'd like a boyfriend that's basically hairless. F--- that!!!!!

I'm *n proud of being sortof hairy. I think this is why beards are making a comeback (are they?). I've been growing mine for almost 3 months now and aim for 6 with no trimming. When I was still studying a few years back a couple of girls touched my forearm hair and said they liked it. Now that's my kind of woman. It should be in their DNA to like hair on men. What is this nonsense of women wanting men with waxed chests, I just don't get it. And men doing their eyebrows? WTF!? We're being womanized. We need to fight this. This is a cool topic
word Art
Old 05-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #12
Michael Henry

Profile:

Men's Health (although still crappy) is actually starting to say more about doing more high intensity stuff as well as high weight/lower rep strength work. Something I've noticed over the past several months. They still have the same cover stories - get lean, have better sex, what to do at your age - but they are improving. The fitness models are still the same, and most don't even look they do strength work, but baby steps.

I'm not ashamed to say I wax my eyebrows. There is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself. And I'm the proud owner of about 4 chest hairs that I pluck from time to time since they look so out of place.

I might go and get a pedi today. I could use one.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #13
Michael Dowling

Profile:

i wasn't aware that straight men read men's health and men's fitness and style magazines? seriously i always assumed these magazines were marketed towards homosexual men (not that there's anything wrong with that).

i have a beard, chest hair, even some patchy back hair which i admit is kinda gross, but as a man i'll be damned if i go get it waxed. maybe my wife will shave it for me...

i shaved my chest ONCE and never again, the itching was horrifying.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #14
Michael Henry

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Dowling View Post
i wasn't aware that straight men read men's health and men's fitness and style magazines? seriously i always assumed these magazines were marketed towards homosexual men (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Seriously? MF and MH aren't. Men's fashion magazines, in my opinion, aren't geared towards anyone specifically. They talk about men's fashion and grooming, which is sexual preference immaterial. If there was a pie chart depicting % of men based off of sexual preference who care about how they look, homosexual men would probably have a bigger piece of the pie, but I think the %'s would be closer to 50/50 (minus outliers) than you'd think.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #15
Erin Hightower

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Garcia View Post
I hear you dude. And I've heard and know of women (mostly YOUNG, really) see a hairy chest and say it's gross, and commenting on how they'd like a boyfriend that's basically hairless. F--- that!!!!!

I'm *n proud of being sortof hairy. I think this is why beards are making a comeback (are they?). I've been growing mine for almost 3 months now and aim for 6 with no trimming. When I was still studying a few years back a couple of girls touched my forearm hair and said they liked it. Now that's my kind of woman. It should be in their DNA to like hair on men. What is this nonsense of women wanting men with waxed chests, I just don't get it. And men doing their eyebrows? WTF!? We're being womanized. We need to fight this. This is a cool topic
I'm sorry but my husband doesn't have much body hair (Good lord made him that way) and he's ALL MAN

now...men and tanning? different story

MEANWHILE... I found this article fascinating. You hear left and right about women's body issues but I feel men aren't adequately given the same "you are adequate the way you are" environment as women are. It's not fair to men!

Last edited by Erin Hightower : 05-23-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #16
Melody Glasgow

Profile:

Give me a hairy chest and beard any day. Naturally hairless men are ok, but dudes that shave - get that **** out of here.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #17
Chris Peterson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Henry View Post
Men's Health (although still crappy) is actually starting to say more about doing more high intensity stuff as well as high weight/lower rep strength work. Something I've noticed over the past several months. They still have the same cover stories - get lean, have better sex, what to do at your age - but they are improving. The fitness models are still the same, and most don't even look they do strength work, but baby steps.

I'm not ashamed to say I wax my eyebrows. There is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself. And I'm the proud owner of about 4 chest hairs that I pluck from time to time since they look so out of place.

I might go and get a pedi today. I could use one.
Men's fitness is the reason I got into CF. They had an article about it. I bugged my fiance non-stop until she went and tried the baseline too. Then we both signed up and are almost at the year mark. We love it!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #18
Michael Dowling

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Henry View Post
Seriously? MF and MH aren't. Men's fashion magazines, in my opinion, aren't geared towards anyone specifically. They talk about men's fashion and grooming, which is sexual preference immaterial. If there was a pie chart depicting % of men based off of sexual preference who care about how they look, homosexual men would probably have a bigger piece of the pie, but I think the %'s would be closer to 50/50 (minus outliers) than you'd think.
learn something new everyday, i honestly thought they were magazines for the g@y community. i mean there's a difference between caring about how you look, (most people who aren't chronically depressed care about their appearance) and constantly focusing on certain areas of the male anatomy and all the hot fashion trends and latest designers. i figured the latter is why it was geared towards homosexual men (again not that there's anything wrong with that at all).
Old 05-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #19
Jason Wallis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Dowling View Post
learn something new everyday, i honestly thought they were magazines for the g@y community. i mean there's a difference between caring about how you look, (most people who aren't chronically depressed care about their appearance) and constantly focusing on certain areas of the male anatomy and all the hot fashion trends and latest designers. i figured the latter is why it was geared towards homosexual men (again not that there's anything wrong with that at all).
You're not the only one. I had always assumed the same.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #20
Jon Gregory

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Wallis View Post
You're not the only one. I had always assumed the same.
Me and my hairy *** too!