CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-31-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Alfred Zeller

Profile:
2 Months In...What now?

Hey guys,

I have been doing crossfit at a box for now 2 months straight. My routine has been that of 3 days straight one rest day, so and so forth. I have grown addicted to it and have improved a lot in movements and body / health as well. Now i want to keep going but some things will change and I need your recommendations. I am moving to another country where I will have weekly access to a crossfit box I know of, but ther rest of the time I will be in the country working at a farm. I guess my question is, if going to the box 2-3 days maximum a week is all I could do, what other stuff could I around the farm that would give me some good Crossfit exercises. I own a jump rope and a pull up pole is plausible. Any recommendations on routines? WODs?

Any help appreciated

Thank you!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
Dave Traeger

Profile:
Re: 2 Months In...What now?

Not sure what type of farm it is, but if they have trucks / tractors then they'll probably have spare tyres, try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHTJwGZ21v0 (wfs)
Old 03-31-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
Jason Wallis

Profile:

Country kid here... Every farm has heavy stuff lying around. Every farm has things to climb, and most importantly, every farm has open space. If you have the basic principles of crossfit down, your workouts can be as varied as your imagination will allow. Ever unloaded a semi trailer stacked with green hay? You'll begin to think maybe some if those hero wod's aren't so bad after all
Old 03-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
Alfred Zeller

Profile:

Thanks for your suggestions, I guess my first steps would be implement a pull up pole (pretty basic) and measure a 400 M run. Besides that as you say all is up to imagination and 'Cindy' ....

Is changing from a 3 days on 1 off cycle, to a 5 days straight 2 days rest ( or 4 days straight 3 day rest) a big change? Any recommendations on how to adjust to these?

Because Im thinking most of my WOD's would be at the farm during the week leaving maybe Thursday Friday for WODS at the box. Weekends free
Old 04-04-2011, 07:22 AM   #5
Liz Wolfe

Profile:

Reminds me of Rocky IV when he works out at the farm...might be worth a watch before you head out

It is a pretty big change. I'm not great with the programming stuff but I'd definitely say keep the diet clean to give yourself the best foundation for success, whatever your days look like. I'm guessing you'll have access to some amazing stuff!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #6
Michael Plank

Profile:

Checkout the CrossFit Bodyweight Workout Resource. It's on the boards here: http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=50739. It would keep you busy for a while even if you didn't have any equipment. But with a jump rope and a place to do pull-ups (poles, rafters, tree branches, etc.), you should be set.