CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 02-03-2010, 12:01 AM   #21
Celio Silva

Profile:
Re: UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi

It's mind boggling how people can hate on public figures they know little to nothing about.

Nate is a great fighter and a good guy who had a rough upbringing. Dude is all about his family, highly respectful of his sport and the opponents he fights, and hands down one of the most underrated and very best fighters in the world. He will prove it this weekend when he crushes Chael Sonnen.

He is in no way delusional for believing he can beat Anderson. Besides Vitor, Nate is the only true challenger to the Spiders' belt, and he presents Silva a real challenge as he is tough, extremelly powerful, and really well-rounded.

On a lighter note, UFC in Abu Dabhi is great news! Awesome card at an awesome location. Longlive MMA...

Peace & Love
Old 02-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #22
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celio Silva View Post
It's mind boggling how people can hate on public figures they know little to nothing about.
It's mind boggling how people can't let other people just dislike someone.

I don't like watching the guy fight. I don't like listening to the guy talk. I don't want to see the guy on my TV. Oh man! Send me down the river I guess! How dare I dislike a sports figure! I must be the only person in history that dislikes a sports figure!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #23
Celio Silva

Profile:

I don't know how to multiquote so please forgive my retardness. But here we go...

You replied: "It's mind boggling how people can't let other people just dislike someone."

Well, its way more than just a dislike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
I hate Nate so much ....
...wouldn't you say?

You "...don't like watching the guy fight... don't like listening to the guy talk...don't want to see the guy on my TV" then DON'T! But to hate on a guy you know VERY little of it and who has no impact on your life whatsoever is ridiculous.

Hate is a strong feeling brother, try to feel as little of it as you can and project as little as you can towards other beings. Ideally none. Dwell in love instead, and towards the people you really can't stand (hopefully for a valid reason) try be indifferent...

Have a great day...
Old 02-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #24
Sean Dunston

Profile:

I don't know Celio.
Being indifferent or ambivalent about things or people, doesn't go with a lot of people's personalities.
I find that people tend to be passionate about things -- one way or another.
It just so happens in MMA when you don't like one of the guys in the fight, you may just get an opportunity to see that guy get is A$$ handed to him - and there is often a feeling of satisfaction in seeing that. You are probably happy for the victor, but you're also pleased the other guy lost.
I wouldn't judge whether those feelings are right or wrong.

I don't mind Nate Marquardt so much... but Nate Diaz, on the other hand...

Old 02-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #25
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

I guess I forget what hate can mean. I've used it interchangeably with dislike so much that I often forget it has a stronger meaning to other people than what I intend for it to have.

I guess if we're talking about the strongest sense of the word hate as in "If he wasn't alive I wouldn't mind at all" then no, that's not the case. I don't wish for anybody to be dead. I don't even wish for Nate's career to be over. But I sure do wish for him to never win another fight and to somehow get his mouth wired shut for the rest of his life.

Now as far as wishing for careers to be over....if Lebron James' career ended tomorrow I'd go dance in the street. But he's about the only one I have that feeling for.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #26
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Dunston View Post
It just so happens in MMA when you don't like one of the guys in the fight, you may just get an opportunity to see that guy get is A$$ handed to him - and there is often a feeling of satisfaction in seeing that.
cough BISPING cough
Old 02-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #27
Celio Silva

Profile:

I don't know either Sean. Our humanity seems sometimes lost in sports, and that's just sad.

Quote:
I don't even wish for Nate's career to be over. But I sure do wish for him to never win another fight and to somehow get his mouth wired shut for the rest of his life.

Now as far as wishing for careers to be over....if Lebron James' career ended tomorrow I'd go dance in the street. But he's about the only one I have that feeling for.
See what I mean? Now why would you wish someone who has done nothing against you such an ill fate???

The only reasons I can think of it are all about jealousy, envy, and poor self-steem and confidence, even if the hater dosen't realize, which in most cases they don't, and in fact, will argue to death that that's not the case...
Old 02-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #28
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celio Silva View Post
I don't know either Sean. Our humanity seems sometimes lost in sports, and that's just sad.
I'm having trouble hearing you. Can you come down off that high horse?

Quote:
See what I mean? Now why would you wish someone who has done nothing against you such an ill fate???

The only reasons I can think of it are all about jealousy, envy, and poor self-steem and confidence, even if the hater dosen't realize, which in most cases they don't, and in fact, will argue to death that that's not the case...
That's right. I'm envious of Lebron James. It has nothing to do with the fact that I can't stand his attitude, his poor sportsmanship and the fact that every time I try to watch something NBA related I'm assaulted with "Lebron James! Greatest player ever! You must love him!" Yeah like that stuff doesn't get old and create fatigue for someone on one person.
No it has nothing to do with those reasons, it's all jealousy I guess. Guess I thought it was those reasons, but in the end it turned out to be just simple envy.
You should be a psychologist. You should write books. You're good.
Oh there I go, arguing to the death against it. Guess you're right again. When will you be doing a book speaking tour?
Old 02-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #29
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Dunston View Post
It just so happens in MMA when you don't like one of the guys in the fight, you may just get an opportunity to see that guy get is A$$ handed to him - and there is often a feeling of satisfaction in seeing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hoegner View Post
cough BISPING cough

Bisping pushed pretty hard for this reaction with a lot of people due to his mouth-y-ness during his stint on TUF. He pushed me so far, in fact, that when Hendo KTFO'd him, I didn't even think the so-called "extra" shot was unwarranted. Hendo was just fighting until the ref told him to stop.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #30
Celio Silva

Profile:

Quote:
I'm having trouble hearing you. Can you come down off that high horse?

That's right. I'm envious of Lebron James. It has nothing to do with the fact that I can't stand his attitude, his poor sportsmanship and the fact that every time I try to watch something NBA related I'm assaulted with "Lebron James! Greatest player ever! You must love him!" Yeah like that stuff doesn't get old and create fatigue for someone on one person.
No it has nothing to do with those reasons, it's all jealousy I guess. Guess I thought it was those reasons, but in the end it turned out to be just simple envy.
You should be a psychologist. You should write books. You're good.
Oh there I go, arguing to the death against it. Guess you're right again. When will you be doing a book speaking tour?

Am I riding a high horse for simply promoting a good attitude or are you just at me for calling it as I see it?

You don't even realize but you are promoting the very thing you are condeming. You're tired of all the love for Lebron & Nate and don't wanna hear it? What about your senseless hate for Nate and Lebron? Same things, different sides of the cycle, which perpetuate one another...

I am no better than any other man. I am just of the philosophy that if you don't have anything good to say, then ...

I am out of this..... stay positive brother and focus on yourself, life is too short... and remember, if you are gonna care about someone wish them good thoughts, even if they are highly successfulll...

Book Tour coming up in 2011...